The Totally Tamron Website Is Back! Visit Today For All Things Tamron

Shooting Curbar Edge tomorrow morning!

16 Jul 2008 6:48PM
Planning heading out to Curbar Edge tomorrow morning for some early light photography. Does anyone think this will be worth while taking into account forcast weather etc

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 12 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2008 7:51PM
Well, the forecast is poor and no mistake. My strategy would be to look out of the window at about 4:30am and see what the sky's doing. But I'm only a 20 minute drive from Curbar Wink
16 Jul 2008 8:36PM
LOL, lucky you, i've got a hours drive. The forecast i got was dry 1st thing but cloudy, rain later in the day. Is this location easy access? Not been before, but looking at the gallery its been well photographed.
16 Jul 2008 8:43PM

Quote: Is this location easy access? Not been before, but looking at the gallery its been well photographed.

Yes. Very easy, thus the proliferation of pics. The usual practice is to park at Curbar Gap car park.
MalcolmS Plus
14 1.2k 13 England
17 Jul 2008 5:07PM
You are aware that the sun rises at the back of the edge face so that it will be in shadow I assume?
Some good shots to be had though even so.
NEWMANP 11 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2008 6:52PM
Higger tor is better in the morning, or Stanage edge. besides did you see Martin Wests recent shot, you will go more than several times to better that one,
Phil
Wink
17 Jul 2008 10:06PM
Thanks for yor replies, i did venute out but he weather was'nt on my side, intermittent drizzle and boring overcast skies. Only took a few shots, nut it was nice to see the place in prep for another visit.

Thanks again

Rob
18 Jul 2008 9:35AM
As Malcolm says, the Eastern edges in general don't often lend themselves easily to dawn photography. If it really is morning you're after then they're at thier best in cold inversions when the Derwent valley below fills up with low mist and then they're at thier spectular best. It may also be worth venturing up that way in about 4 weeks when the heather should be at it's best and again dawn will be a good time to be there beware, both dawn light and evening light can cast a peculiar colour on the heather. Sometimes its excellent but sometimes it looks a bit odd; pink+orange is a bit of a clash Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.