Shutter

15 May 2018 5:41PM
Hi my name is Ash and im from wales. I am disabled and use a wheelchair and i have limited movement in my arms and legs. I own a Canon S120 camera and i bought a monopod to use as like a selfie stick with the camera at one end. I bought the monopod because im going to an airshow in July and im unable to lift my arms high enough to take aerial shots. The problem i have now is how to touch the screen to take a picture as i cant use both arms and the camera will be quite far away from me with the stick extended. I tried a few canon apps for my mobile phone where you control the shutter from the phone, they don't work which is annoying and frustrating. I'm now looking at a stylus on a long stick type thing so i can touch the screen to take a shot. Do you know of a better way of taking a photo while the monopod is extended please?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ddolfelin Plus
6 103 3 Wales
15 May 2018 6:00PM
Someone will be along I expect.
In the meantime, well done for persevering with your problems.
Good luck.
Peter.
kaz1 Plus
8 76 United Kingdom
15 May 2018 7:05PM
Hi Ash, you could try a remote trigger for your camera. You can usually buy a third party one for a reasonable price. Or a wireless one, no cord to get tangled up in! Try Amazon or one of the online camera stores.

I hope you can get sorted with it.
15 May 2018 10:25PM
Hi Ash,

From some quick research, it seems the Canon Camera Connect app (iOS and Android) should work with the S120. However, it does appear that this particular camera isn't overburdened with features such as remote control.

Failing that, some sort of telescopic pointer might work, like the old telescoping pens you used to be able to get. Because touch screens are invariably capacitative, the pointer should be metal and the tip conductive rubber such as you might find on a mobile phone stylus and it would have to make a clean electrical connection with the metal pointer shaft.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.