Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Shutter priority - aperture priority - or manual

BruceC 16 171
10 Sep 2006 2:19PM
I use manual. But then I haven't got any choice on my 5x4. No dials or buttons either - far too new-fangled. Just aperture ring and shutter ring, and a hand-held spotmeter. But then I pick up my D2X and use aperture priority or programme - ah, the relief!
plooto 15 12 England
10 Sep 2006 2:24PM
Well if I'm honest Cara, I'm ot good enough yet to just do it all in my head when under the stress of having a great subject that may run off at any time. The 100-400 is seems to get the average snappers attention and it's just not cool to be stood around looking bewildered by your camera which turns itself into a space station at such moments. The voice also said "you are young but you will learn"! (the voice has no idea how old I am!).
Mike.
Nickers 14 4
29 Sep 2006 2:25AM
Each to their own i say.. but this 'manual' snobbery is just boring.. say something informative please!!
User_Removed 16 825 Lithuania
29 Sep 2006 4:08AM
AP all the time unless its moving!?!
roverfoxy9 17 278 Spain
29 Sep 2006 10:40AM
I just got some snaps back, and half of them were all grey and murky. I spent half an hour slagging the processors off, before checking the data on my Dynax 7 which records nearly all the settings you used on the last 18 rolls. Guess what, all the murky ones were taken on the M program (probably as a result of reading this thread)!! I'd had a couple of glasses of wine at the time, and this proves I'm incapable of being in charge of a camera if it's not on automatic and I've had a liquid lunch. I don't care, the ones I took on A and P looked fab. My first ever digital SLR is on it's way (a Minolta 7D off ebay - I'm a loyal Minoltian to the end and beyond), so I'm now thinking I should have bought something easier to use, like a disposable.
Nike55 15 966 United Kingdom
29 Sep 2006 2:24PM

Quote: just got some snaps back, and half of them were all grey and murky

Used to be the same for me, but I stopped using Jessops...
roverfoxy9 17 278 Spain
29 Sep 2006 3:53PM
No, this was my fault. I used to think Jessops were quite good, as long as they did them in-store on their Diamond Laser whatsit process. If they ever put them in a blue envelope and sent them away, they would often by disappointing.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.