Sick

andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2009 9:56PM
Im so bloody angry reading this

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw 14 13.4k 28 Wales
11 Jun 2009 10:01PM
Me too!
Graysta 14 1.1k England
11 Jun 2009 10:07PM
Beyond words,pity it did'nt happen to them at birth cos they are a waste of space.
As the Police say what might they go on to do if these are their values of life.
Jamiegf 12 1.2k Scotland
11 Jun 2009 10:11PM
Hang The Barstewards
User_Removed 17 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2009 10:22PM
Absolutely appalling.

We are 'enjoying' the consequences of a society where the police are ineffective, parental control non existent in many cases, discipline likewise (both at home and at school) and the judiciary a total waste of time. Government panders to the minority rather than supporting the majority and this needs to change.

We have accepted the namby pamby approach indeed, we have voted for it consistently over the last 10 to 20 years, and now we are paying the price.

In my view we need to accept that whatever the cost in úp, we need to send people to prison for any violent offence or any 2nd offence of a non-violent nature. Scrap the CPS that as far as I can see, exists simply to ensure those working in the legal system gain financially, get more police back where they should be and scrap huge swathes of the Human Right's Act that protects the criminal and not the victim.

In addition, parents need to be enforced to take their role seriously and be legally liable for their offspring and their actions. Decency, integrity and responsibility are taught by example and this starts at home

I'll now climb off my soapbox
User_Removed 15 17.9k 8 Norway
11 Jun 2009 10:30PM
I agree with your input 100% Barrie.

Namby-Pamby Liberalism, a 'WTF' approach to everything all topped off the Human Rights law - a law we didn't need before the rot set in.
f8 16 9.2k 22 England
11 Jun 2009 10:32PM
Right, we know what we would like to do,but what can we do?
We can lobby our MPs every last one of us to bring back law and order to this country,we must make ourselves a great nuisance to them.
We must use the same tactics to remove soft judges from office,and make everyone responsible for their actions,and repeal the human rights act.
Our current prisons are a holiday camp (not first hand experience)
they are not corrective enough,we need long term army style regime built on reward for good behavior and punishment for bad.
strawman 15 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2009 10:34PM
I blame the parents, the thatcher era with "I am ok sod you lot attitude". With death of social responsibility comes this. We have created this society, so we need to take responsibility. Till each person realises that it is up to each and every one of us to take a stand, it will continue.
geoffrey baker 15 501 1 Wales
11 Jun 2009 10:35PM
The punishment should fit the crime I reckon.
I'm glad I wasn't there cos I'd have gone to stop it and would now probably be typing this from a police cell.
digipix76 12 577 England
11 Jun 2009 10:39PM

Quote:

We are 'enjoying' the consequences of a society where the police are ineffective, parental control non existent in many cases, discipline likewise (both at home and at school) and the judiciary a total waste of time. Government panders to the minority rather than supporting the majority and this needs to change.

Could not agree more.
11 Jun 2009 10:40PM

Quote:Right, we know what we would like to do,but what can we do?
We can lobby our MPs every last one of us to bring back law and order to this country,we must make ourselves a great nuisance to them.

You would achieve more if you involve yourself in some community activities. This is not a case about law, the laws exist, rather it is about imposing the law on those that do not accept it. Lets make it easy for the police, fewer civil liberty items
Quote: We must use the same tactics to remove soft judges from office,and make everyone responsible for their actions,and repeal the human rights act.
There is no evidence that changing in sentencing makes a difference. There is evidence that social pressure changes behaviour. These kids may well be first offenders, but regardless the problem to solve is what made them think they could do this. Answer, a lack of respect for others, be it people or wildlife.

Quote:Our current prisons are a holiday camp (not first hand experience) they are not corrective enough,we need long term army style regime built on reward for good behaviour and punishment for bad.
Again no evidence to support this. Military like training just makes for healthier and fitter criminals that are harder to catch. Even the military have grown to learn that this technique does not work.

I would support the case of repeat child offenders where the parent(s) and the child pay the penance. Every parent deserves a chance to correct a child's behaviour, but those repeat offenders say vandalism get the parents and the kid doing time, lets have them pay to make good. So case like this the parents and the child serve a couple of years.

Vandalism get the parents and the kids doing community service
andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2009 10:46PM
Bring back National Service.
SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
11 Jun 2009 10:48PM
Ditto, Geoff.

And before anyone wades in with some crack about people caring for animals more than for children I'd wade in and protect a child too even if it did mean me getting badly injured.

I'm not so sure about repealing the Human Rights Act as we may be throwing the proverbial out with the bathwater - although I do think the legal profession needs to start asking itself some serious questions when it comes to defending barbaric behaviour in their clients.
11 Jun 2009 10:49PM

Quote:Bring back National Service.
No it costs too much, dilutes the army resources and is a prison sentence for those that have done nothing wrong. I would have hated doing national service.
f8 16 9.2k 22 England
11 Jun 2009 10:50PM
It might help. I did N/S and it did me a lot of good, though at the time I did'nt want to do it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.