Save 10% On Pictar Home Studio Pro Photography Kits With Code: EPHOTOZINE10

Sigma 10-20 canon fit lens

EG 10 24 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2009 12:26PM
Had this lens a while and it just doesn't seem to be as sharp as I've seen with other uses any comments please
Ed

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT 14 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2009 12:29PM
Upload a pic then and we'll have a look.

If you allow modifications when uploading others can have a try.
EG 10 24 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2009 12:32PM
Thanks will do but will have be later on
Ed
JackAllTog Plus
11 6.0k 58 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2009 1:57PM
Interested for your updates - i bought this lens also for canon over a year ago, but don't get to use it much. I had a quick look for flickr shots using it - none. so maybe its not that good for me either. The only one i found was this link=http://www.zooomr.com/photos/lessfuzzysnapsstuart/5493580/]Longleat on Zooomr [/link] or Longleat - ePhotoZine Version
Nickscape 14 708 9 England
6 Aug 2009 2:07PM

Quote:I had a quick look for flickr shots using it - none
Must have been a very quick look!

You may have a soft one, if its new and your not happy with it send it back. have you really tried to get to grips with it as it can take a bit of getting used to.
MalcolmS Plus
14 1.2k 13 England
6 Aug 2009 2:12PM
What format do you shoot in and do you process shots afterwards?
Do you do any sharpening after processing, necessary in most cases, particularly if you've been shooting in RAW.
EG 10 24 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2009 2:21PM
thanks for your comments had this lens for 18 months now and I've only shot jpegs with it and yes I do post edit seems ok on small apertures
SteveCharles 17 2.3k 18 England
6 Aug 2009 2:32PM

Quote:seems ok on small apertures

With very wide angles, you need to be careful where you focus. There can be some distance between what is in the middle and edges of the frame, with close objects very close and out of DoF range.
colin beeley Plus
17 1.2k 10 England
6 Aug 2009 5:55PM
should have bought the canon ef-s 10/22 !
Nickscape 14 708 9 England
6 Aug 2009 7:16PM
Or save the 200 and buy something nice with it, quality is not very (if at all different).
G73photography 14 417 15 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2009 7:51PM
ive had this lens for about a year, I love it, dont really get many problems with it as with any 10mm lens you will get the pin cushion effect and it may look a bit streched at the long edges. but not really too noticable unless your selling your images in poster format. sharpness is good, but stick to around f/11 to f/16 , should be sufficent for most stuff. also depends on the settings in your camera. for example, your style settings, its its set to standard then theres only a tiny big of sharpening going on in the camera. if you set it to faithfull or neutral then theres not camera sharpening at all, so setting the camera style to landscape while in AV mode should give you the sharpness back you come to expect, G
EG 10 24 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2009 7:51AM
I've been out this morning and took some shots these are straight from the camera feel free to amend and comment please

Regards

Eddie
CathyT 14 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2009 10:23AM
I've just had a look at the photo you've uploaded.....I don't know if it will be a good enough example to see any faults....can you take some with something foreground ...a rock/flower etc.
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
7 Aug 2009 10:30AM
Try pinning up a text heavy newspaper page on the wall or lay flat on the floor. Align the camera so the ccd is parallel to paper and everything is squared up and take a photo. You can then check the centre and edges of the frame for sharpness of the text.
colin beeley Plus
17 1.2k 10 England
7 Aug 2009 7:08PM
if you are going to use this lens focus about a foot in front of yourself at say f/8.0 . i bet you are focusing to far in front.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.