Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Sigma 15mm/2.8 Fisheye

21 Dec 2017 9:58PM
Hey who has the 15mm fisheye lens? I've been having focusing issues, not sure if it's my camera or the lens. It too easily switches focus and when I think I've gotten a shot right, it's focused on something else instead of what I wanted to focus on.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to work around it?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Philh04 Plus
13 2.0k United Kingdom
22 Dec 2017 2:52PM
How many focus points? What Focus mode?

Its a fisheye with a very wide angle of view if using all focus points it (the camera, not the lens) will find the area with the best contrast, if you are handholding a small amount of movement may find another point that has better contrast.

Try a single focus point and a tripod so that the framing remains constant...

Manual focus would also be a good...
22 Dec 2017 4:21PM
It's auto focus and I usually have a single focus point.

Honestly I don't use it for landscape much. My main field of photography is concerts. When focused just right, I can get some pretty sweet shots.

313446_1513959658.jpg

Philh04 Plus
13 2.0k United Kingdom
22 Dec 2017 5:42PM
Do like that PoV...

Further... what focus mode are you using? AI servo or One Shot?

I suggested Manual focus as the DoF will be quite large and you could set the lens to the appropriate hyperfocal distance and not have to worry too much about where to focus.
22 Dec 2017 10:40PM
I use AI Servo being that musicians are constantly moving.
Chris_L 5 5.0k United Kingdom
22 Dec 2017 11:14PM
Band on stage I'd shoot that lens MF. I think stopped down a bit it would be very easy to have the nearest and farthest band member in focus at the same time. Do what Phil suggests and read about setting hyperfocal distance.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.