Sigma 170-500mm APO for Sony Alpha ?

gibbs 10 2 United Kingdom
5 Sep 2009 6:00PM
Hi i have just brought a Sigma 170-500mm F5-6.3 APO which has a Konica Minolta Fitting.

I have a Sony A200 and was wondering if it will work because i am getting mixed views?.

Its not the DG version.

Also if anyone has used this lens on a sony alpha i would be interested in seeing some sample photos if thats ok?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AntHolloway 14 168 United Kingdom
5 Sep 2009 9:56PM
There are reviews of this lens on the Minolta/Sony specific website www.dyxum.com - see here and sample photos - here.

Ant.
DevonTogs 10 2 United Kingdom
4 Feb 2010 3:22PM
hi i have got the sony a200 with the sigma 170-500mm apo minolta mount ant all works perfect with great results heres a link to my photos taken with it.....rich.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plymmer/ link
MrDennis 10 271 Wales
26 Apr 2010 2:07PM
Hi All, Got my Sigma 150-500 last week. Got it attached to my Sony A700, but I'm finding it Slow on focusing. How do you lot find it. I thought it would be faster at AF than my old 170-500 but it ain't. Tried it on No1 & 2 on lens IS and that to off and camera IS on but it's still the same, Slow Focusing. When it does focus the still birds are sharp, but I got to work harder with birds in flight, even hunts sometimes when bird is on post, and it hunts slowly.
Any Ideas.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.