Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Sigma 50-500mm

mattberry 15 259 14 Greece
29 Jan 2007 10:04AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to purchase the above lens. I have been told by Warehouse Express that its out of stock and they don't expect any more until March!!

I don't wish to wait that long.

Can anyone recommend another reliable and reasonably priced supplier please?

I don't fancy ebaying stuff in from Hong Kong really, would prefer UK based suppliers.

Cheers
Matt

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GaryR 13 1.3k England
29 Jan 2007 10:29AM
Matt

I know a shop called RGB Labs in Middlesbrough had some in recently. The web address is www.rgb-tech.co.uk. I don't know how they compare on price but they seem competitive enough.

Hope this helps

Gary.
msnapz 13 74
29 Jan 2007 1:35PM
I'd recommend jessops, go to camerapricebuster and look up the lense too. Great price comparison site
31 Jan 2007 10:58PM
I have just purchased mine from Hong Kong through ebay for 520.00, I have used the same supplier for all four of my EX lenses with no problems, they even guarantee to sort out any vat or import duty claims. On the first occasion I used them I received a dodgey Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 EX DG MACRO I returned the item for which the postage was refunded and they sent a replacement (total turnaround in 7 days).
Initial delivery times are between 3-4 days, their username on ebay is URGALAXY and they run a High street store in Hong Kong, They are an official Canon outlet.
This is just my experience of this particular reseller but a number of my friend have used these people without issue.
As yet I have not had to pay import duty or vat.
Coleslaw 14 13.4k 28 Wales
1 Feb 2007 8:17AM
I bought it from Bristol Cameras. But don't know if they have any in stock. Call them and ask.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.