Get An Extra 20% Off Regatta New Season Arrivals

Sigma delivery stolen...

Jools_jti 15 257 United Kingdom
2 Aug 2007 12:11PM
Apparently, now I am not one for gossip but...

The reason why I will now have to wait till next week for my shiny new sigma 10-20 is due to Bristol Cameras shipment of Sigma lenses going walkies!

All eyes on fleabay!
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
2 Aug 2007 12:44PM
Another load of Sigma lenses stolen?

It's begging to sound like an inside job.
ellis rowell 17 2.0k United Kingdom
2 Aug 2007 12:44PM
Go looking for them, you might be able to get one cheap (and a free holiday thrown in).
naturenut 18 1.8k England
2 Aug 2007 12:49PM
I couldn't buy a Sigma 86mm filter from them about 2 weeks ago and they didn't know when they would have more stock.
2 Aug 2007 6:13PM
?? No response from Wednesdays email so I called this morning, where I got the tea leaf info, they called me back to say they had spoken to Sigma and they will be getting a new delivery today or tomorrow and the lens will be with me Monday.

Just got back into the office to find an email in reply to Wednesdays one, from someone else at brissol cams, saying they are not sure when a delivery will be in, maybe later next week??

Its all got very complicated... Sad
p3asa 15 676 Scotland
7 Aug 2007 3:42PM
It was in the papers the other day that a lorry load of Sigma equipment was stolden so quite a lot of dealers will be low in stock. I can't find anything about it on the net though.

The only thing I could find was the last break in of their warehouse along with the serial numbers of stuff stolen.

Steven
looboss 14 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2007 6:53PM
I had to wait a whole month for mine but come it did! and right on time (just!) so some supplies are getting through, I suppose it depends on which dealer you are dealing with.
8 Aug 2007 10:18AM
I cancelled the order on Friday morning and went out and got Jessops to price match, later that day brissol called to say they no had them in... second lorry made it past the highwaymen apparently!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.