Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Signing a photograph

JulieR 15 28 England
7 Aug 2008 6:52PM
Hi All

I have been asked to sign one of my photographs. It will be printed on semigloss paper please can anyone recommend a pen that I could use that would be archival and wouldn't rub off. I need it to look professional.
Many thanks Julie
Chrism8 14 991 29 England
7 Aug 2008 7:30PM
Why not scan your normal signature, and add it to your image I'd need to look up how to do it, but it's fairly easy,

Blenkinsopp 15 320 4 England
7 Aug 2008 7:43PM
You can turn your signature into a custom brush in photoshop - then you can "sign" any images you want at any size and colour to blend in.
I will look up a tutorial for you
Blenkinsopp 15 320 4 England
7 Aug 2008 8:05PM
This video shows you how to create a brush - For your original image use a scanned signature or even "write" in black on a white background using you mouse.
Once you have the brush its very flexible as you can change colour and size and even layer mode and opacity if you use the brush on a new layer
newfocus 15 647 2 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2008 9:00PM
Hi Julie,

I use one of these on Epson semigloss or pencil on matte paper.
JulieR 15 28 England
7 Aug 2008 9:08PM
Thank you everyone for all your help and advice what stars you are x

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.