Don't Miss Out On Top-Selling Deals From Park Cameras - Find Out More

Simply Electronics

arhb 12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2008 9:28AM
http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=670&sd=specs

I am on the verge of buying a Canon 400mm F5.6 prime lens, and Simply Electronics seem to have the best deal out there on this lens(see link above).
I wanted to know if anyone on this forum has had either good or bad dealings with this company?
Any feedback appreciated.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JAGMAN 14 4 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2008 4:11PM

Quote:Http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=670&sd=specs

I am on the verge of buying a Canon 400mm F5.6 prime lens, and Simply Electronics seem to have the best deal out there on this lens(see link above).
I wanted to know if anyone on this forum has had either good or bad dealings with this company?
Any feedback appreciated.

JAGMAN 14 4 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2008 4:15PM
Hi there,
Just purchased a Canon 135F2 off them. No problems, kept well informed with E-mails.
arhb 12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
31 Jul 2008 10:31AM

Quote:Hi there,
Just purchased a Canon 135F2 off them. No problems, kept well informed with E-mails.

Thanks JAGMAN, peace of mind : )
moblox 11 2
31 Jul 2008 1:24PM
sorry to only just see this now....

I'm currently going through a terrible time with simplyelectronics. i received a faulty camera from them on 24th june and still not had the part replaced. it's a lens hood, easy and relatively cheap to source - i've even sent them links - but they're just fobbing me off. no dates or promises of when they can get it to me. just a vague "appreciate this is not straightforward" and "we are doing everything we can".

if the purchase is straightforward, you could be ok. but if it arrives or becomes faulty, they are very difficult to deal with.

i've contacted consumer direct but it appears that due to their registered address in hong kong, they fall outside of uk jurisdiction
nickfrog 13 333
31 Jul 2008 11:09PM
Yes they are HK, so the usual precautions and warnings (VAT, duties, warranties). They are often more expensive than UK suppliers too... The site really makes it easy to think they are a European supplier, the address being hidden in the T&Cs.
Funny how many people order stuff from Companies that don't clearly state their postal address...
malum 15 630 1 United Kingdom
1 Aug 2008 10:55AM
Unless they guarantee to refund any duty you have to pay it could end up being much more expensive.

Onestop digital are a HK company that will repay any duty you get stuck with and they aren't masquerading as anything other than a HK company
NigelPP 14 7 United Kingdom
1 Aug 2008 10:35PM
I bought a Pentax 50-135 lens from them via Amazon Marketplace. The service was good and shipped from within the UK.
smitbar 11 136 England
4 Aug 2008 5:29PM
Glad ive noticed this topic. I have noticed this firm often, never dealt with them, i have posted under 70-200mm f2.8 Nikkor lens supply problems, stating that this firm holds stock. Best warn people to be cautious in dealing with them.
5 Aug 2008 4:48PM
anyone here heard of Kerso ?
I am new here, but have been on another forum for ages, so can be checked out there for my personal record, but Kerso is a guy who sells mainly Canon and Nikon, and is very cheap - I have bought several lenses (canon 10-22, 24-70, 70-200 plus my 580) and recommend him totally, and he is usually much cheaper then elsewhere - all qualify for cashback deals, so not dodgy. He has an ebay shop called flash_camera (I think) but will beat those prices by a few pounds if you buy direct.

EDITED BY TJ - against site ts&cs

Again, I hope this is not against forum protocol, and apologies if it is, and I am not linked to him in any way, just a happy customer.
justin c 16 5.1k 36 England
5 Aug 2008 4:54PM

Quote:Anyone here heard of Kerso ?

Kerso gets mentioned frequently on this forum and comes highly recommended.
5 Aug 2008 5:01PM
Ah, so you can see how long I have been here...
Sorry to have broached protocol so early on !
I'll take more care from now on...
tj Plus
17 2.1k England
5 Aug 2008 5:03PM
No probs Steve - I'll forgive you! Wink
5 Aug 2008 5:10PM
Phew - I've just been grovelling to you via the 'Meet the Team' contact page - not such a good start, but I'll be a good member given time !
tj Plus
17 2.1k England
5 Aug 2008 5:16PM
Lol, thanks Steve - I've replied.
Welcome again Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.