Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Single page parallax website

iancrowson Plus
6 211 142 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2013 12:01PM
After seeing Simon Marlow's superb single page portfolio parallax (scrolling) website in this forum I thought I would have a go myself.
This scrolling page is intended to redirect people to various sites I have for different areas of my life.
What you see is the first edition. I intend to improve on the smoothness of the scrolling
I would welcome suggestions or reports of any thing not working too well.
I realize mine is a rather pale copy of Simons

Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

779HOB 4 1.2k United Kingdom
26 Sep 2013 12:28PM
Link?
iancrowson Plus
6 211 142 United Kingdom
26 Sep 2013 9:45PM
I'll start again

After seeing Simon Marlow's superb single page portfolio parallax (scrolling) website in this forum I thought I would have a go myself.
This scrolling page is intended to redirect people to various sites I have for different areas of my life.
What you see is the first edition. I intend to improve on the smoothness of the scrolling
I would welcome suggestions or reports of any thing not working too well.
I realize mine is a rather pale copy of Simon
www.iancrowson.co.uk

Ian
27 Sep 2013 9:53AM
I'm sort lost as to what the advantage is having this sort of site that redirects people to your other sites. I say sort of because I also sort of see a use! I have a page set up on AboutMe which I guess does the same kind of thing. I don't however every use the page in terms of directing people there.
davidburleson Plus
10 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2013 10:00AM
The Parallax part of Simon's site refers to the way the backgrounds move at a different speed then the page giving a 3rd dimension effect.

Single page websites are quite good for short-n-sweet websites ideal for portfolios with the single call to action to get in touch.

Feedback: I would get rid of the scrollbars for each of your 'pages'. Then I would use something like jquery to create a sliding scroll effect when the user clicks on your navigation.
27 Sep 2013 10:14AM

Quote:The Parallax part of Simon's site refers to the way the backgrounds move at a different speed then the page giving a 3rd dimension effect.

Ah, thanks David. Not come across this before.
lobsterboy Plus
12 14.8k 13 United Kingdom
27 Sep 2013 10:21AM

Quote:The Parallax part of Simon's site refers to the way the backgrounds move at a different speed then the page giving a 3rd dimension effect.

I don't see any such effect in FF.
keithh Plus
13 25.1k 33 Wallis And Futuna
27 Sep 2013 8:23PM
Nor in Safari - it goes up, it comes down and that's it.
digicammad 13 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
28 Sep 2013 8:20AM
Same in Firefox
iancrowson Plus
6 211 142 United Kingdom
28 Sep 2013 12:38PM
Thanks for the feedback. It seems to be working ok in various browsers.
I realise mine doesn't do what Simon's does ....yet.!
I'm going on to stage two, the parallax part next. It took me a bit of an effort to write the html for what I've done. Simon kindly helped me out with the bit to make it work ok on iPad.
It's correct, I don't really need this site but I'm using it for learning and I have the domain name any way,
Ian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.