Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Site is now more complicated

Jestertheclown 11 8.0k 252 England
9 May 2011 10:39AM

Quote:amateur with adverts and all sorts everywhere.

I'm not sure that I think it looks amateurish but there's been plenty said already concerning the ads. on here and whether or not they're too intrusive.
I use Firefox with Adblock plus and Flashblock enabled and consequently never see an ad.
However, if I look at the site using Explorer, not that I'm likely to, it looks as if I've got a migraine.
If it's only the ads. that really bother you, they can be got rid of.

Jester.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

davidburleson 13 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
9 May 2011 10:43AM

Quote:I use Firefox with Adblock plus and Flashblock enabled and consequently never see an ad.

That kind of says what you think about ads that you find them annoying and/or intrusive.
Jestertheclown 11 8.0k 252 England
9 May 2011 11:03AM

Quote:That kind of says what you think about ads that you find them annoying and/or intrusive.

That's exactly what I think David.
I started using Adblock and Flashblock as soon as I realised they were available.
The problems, if that's the right word, with the ads. really came to a head on here when the forums were re-vamped a while ago and a number of people were complaining about the ads. being all over the RHS of the page.
I'd never buy something because I'd seen it advertised on here, or anywhere, for that matter, meaning that for me they serve no purpose and are just a distraction, so I got rid of them.
Ian-Munro 12 200 15 Wales
9 May 2011 11:08AM
The ads don't bother me at all its just that I think it all looks crap. If it was such a problem I would simply not upload but chance my luck with another site that doesn't have the clutter. I can live with itWink
davidburleson 13 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
9 May 2011 11:12AM
On a different topic (literally), would everyone in this topic care to reply to this topic:

https://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/top-5-things-you-would-change-on-ephotozine-89643

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.