Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate

Sky vs BT vs alternatives

Coleslaw 14 13.4k 28 Wales
10 Jun 2013 1:22PM
My 1 year subscription with Sky (broadband, tv, phone, line rental) has come to an end.
So, I am ready to either continue or change to others like BT or anything else that is cost effective.
The whole package with BT is about the same price, but I have to pay for the activation fee (49) and delivery for the modem, which I am reluctant to pay for.
I could use Sky box for Freesat too. And buying a freesat box with the recording facility etc etc is out of question looking at how much they cost to buy.
My question is is BT better than Sky?
What other alternatives do I have? Apple TV, etc etc?
Ta.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk 8 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2013 2:14PM
Virgin
10 Jun 2013 2:28PM
Couldn't get Virgin in my valley....Smile
rhol2 9 369 1 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2013 2:45PM
I find BT Infinity very good, not just technically but in terms of accurate billing.Previous to this I was on their standard boadband, also very good, and when I joined, the modem was free.
If you haven't tried it, it might be worth phoning them and seeing if they will waive some of the cost,and what special offers are available.

I've noticed Sky offering 3 months free line rental, but that might not apply to existing customers.
10 Jun 2013 2:48PM
Unfortunately, Infinity is not available in my valley yet either.... Sad
ikett 9 545 England
10 Jun 2013 2:51PM
BT is way better if you can get Infinity in your area, Sky is better for TV.
A friend living in the midlands has just left Sky because his internet was hit and miss.
He had to phone them about a connection problem and they told him they would refer it to BT engineering.

Kind of says it all.
10 Jun 2013 3:21PM
Looks like there is no point going BT TV, as it is freeview basically and we only get a few channels off freeview:
12-capture.jpg

So, what alternatives do I have now....Sad
redsnappa 17 2.0k United Kingdom
10 Jun 2013 5:32PM

Quote:Sky because his internet was hit and miss. He had to phone them about a connection problem and they told him they would refer it to BT engineering

I'm with O2 & now sky have taken over the O2 broadband business I'm looking to move as I am certain Sky will turn my very reliable O2 broadband connection into an hit and miss connection.

Virgin is not an option as they do not supply my street (which is half a mile from Birmingham City centre)

Also I don't want bundle my broadband with landline. I don't really need massive speed and my O2 16MB connection is more than adequate.
Paul Morgan 19 19.4k 6 England
10 Jun 2013 7:45PM
Talktalk, I pay less than 30 a month for telephone and Broadband, and a freesat box will more than pay for itself in the first year.

I get about 17mbs via copper wire and unlimited downlands, can`t complain.
Paul Morgan 19 19.4k 6 England
10 Jun 2013 9:01PM

Quote:and a freesat box will more than pay for itself in the first year

Ignore this bit Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.