Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

Slideshow software

JonniP 10 28 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2011 4:24PM
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a product where I can produce a slideshow of images with music etc. I have tried using Apple's programs, even Finalcut Pro x but the images are not very sharp when played on my TV.
I understand thats because of the compression made when transferring to a DVD.

If anybody has any ideas of what I may be doing wrong or pass on any knowledge, I would appreciate your feedback.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Sep 2011 4:29PM
Lots of choice.. ProShow Gold and PicsToExe come to mind as two I've used and like Smile
ikett 9 545 England
13 Sep 2011 5:25PM
Roxio media creater has lots of options, found it quite easy to use.
cameracat 16 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
13 Sep 2011 6:21PM
As the above have used Roxio creator 2010 pro & the 2011 version, Quite good once you get the hang of it.

Also used Proshow gold, This is a more dedicated slideshow program, Endless options super image quality when rendered properly too....!!!

That said I'm fairly sure the " Roxio " suit of software comes in Mac OS versions, But I don't think the " ProShow " programs are written for Mac/OS.

Its been while since I looked, So you might want to check that out....!!!

Wink
BubbaG2000 12 767 1
14 Sep 2011 12:25PM
One more vote for ProShow Gold! Fairly intuitive and, as Cameracat says, the list of options are endless.
TonyBrooks 10 76 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2011 1:19PM
PicstoExe a good choice

Good Luck

Tony
mtshep73 8 1 United States
15 Sep 2011 12:42AM
I assume you are running Mac OS X. I use a program called Photo to Movie. I feel it is the best I have used for the money. It comes in Mac or PC flavors.

Here is a link to my review of a recent version of the photo slideshow program. A newer version is now available:

Photo to Movie might be the best slideshow software for your needs.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.