Save up to 360 on selected ZEISS lenses!

So Tragic

andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2009 10:02PM
I wonder what drove them to do this

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Anthony 18 5.6k 17 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2009 10:10PM
thats so sad, what a real shame.

Anthony
fotodayz 11 179 1 United Kingdom
1 Jun 2009 10:12PM
very sad - too many overwhelming problems maybe and no way out
very sad on the children who are totally innocent but the family suicide seems to be happening more frequently.

sad to say some of it seems to have been planned which is a bit unbearable to think about
f8 16 9.2k 22 England
1 Jun 2009 10:49PM
Upsetting to say the least,to think people need to go to these lengths to solve their problems.
User_Removed 15 17.9k 8 Norway
1 Jun 2009 10:50PM
Agreed.

Why?
Bucephalas69 11 279 Wales
1 Jun 2009 11:00PM
You could only speculate on the reasons.
I doubt many of you (if any) have been to such dark places before, and i hope never will, but when life has constantly beaten the crap out of you and you realise that it's full of self-centred money grabbing capitalists who are screwing every one over whilst lining their own pockets, why would you want to leave your children behind to face more of it?
Try reading the Ragged Trousered Filanthrapists by Robert Tressell. You'll see that nothing has changed in over 100 years.
Big Bri 18 16.5k United Kingdom
1 Jun 2009 11:01PM
Shame the adults died. I'd like to push the *******s off again....
Krakman 13 3.6k Scotland
1 Jun 2009 11:17PM

Quote:Shame the adults died. I'd like to push the *******s off again....

Don't judge without knowing the facts.

According to at least one news report , the child may have died from an illness, and the parents committed suicide because they were unable to come to terms with their child's death.
Big Bri 18 16.5k United Kingdom
2 Jun 2009 12:09AM

Quote:Don't judge without knowing the facts.

You're right of course. If that is the case, it is truly sad. I can't think of anything worse than the death of your child.
User_Removed 15 825 Lithuania
2 Jun 2009 6:24AM
...sometimes death is a release!
daviewat 16 4.1k Scotland
2 Jun 2009 8:13AM
Whatever the facts or surroundings etc it still is a very sad thing indeed. Loss of any life is to be mourned not minced up through speculation and rhumour mongering.

There must have been very tragic reasons or circumstances surrounding the event and I for one hope never to be in such a dark place for any reason.
Kris_Dutson 17 8.2k 1 England
2 Jun 2009 2:17PM
As noted above here's the latest news and for some reason I can't quite fathom, I think it's one of the saddest things I've read.
webjam 15 292 11 Netherlands
2 Jun 2009 3:46PM
This family must have gone through so much hardship. This is very sad...

We were near Beachy Head once on our holidays, so I know the place. It is a beautiful place...
jondf 13 2.8k
2 Jun 2009 4:39PM

Quote:Just been reading about this on the Guardian's website:

Grieving couple 'jumped off Beachy Head carrying their dead son'

Five-year-old's death from meningitis apparently prompted double suicide two days later

It is a heartbreaking story. The parents must have been overcome with pain and grief, maybe persecuting themselves over fault and blame? The boy had been paralysed from the neck down for two years as a result of a car accident. Trying to imagine what that must be like for an adult is bad enough...
Fishnet 15 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
2 Jun 2009 4:49PM

Quote:Just been reading about this on the Guardian's website:

Grieving couple 'jumped off Beachy Head carrying their dead son'

Five-year-old's death from meningitis apparently prompted double suicide two days later

OMG, that has made me cry, I have always said if anything happened to all of my children, without a doubt, I would go to, I couldn't imagine trying to live without them.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.