Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Software to edit photos

25 May 2016 8:43AM
No one has mentioned that Lightroom has a particular advantage in that it stores the original image and the steps you take to edit it separately, so the original image is always still available. No risk of ruining an image by saving a badly edited version in its place. When you open an edited image in Lightroom, it combines the image file and the file of "actions" on the fly to present the editied image, but never changes the original.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.6k England
25 May 2016 10:29AM
Photoshop can also do this if, when you open from the Adobe Camera Raw, you use the Alt key which opens a copy. (And you can use ACR for other types of photos besides Raw). Photoshop (Elements or full package) also has the benefit of layers which, for me, gives it many benefits over Lightroom. And of course if you sign up to Photoshop CC you get both for the same price, around Ģ8 a month plus all the updates when they happen.
LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
25 May 2016 8:01PM

Quote:wow, thank you all for the answers and the warm welcome. So I didnīt know, that there are so many programs to edit photos Grin

Welcome.
You have not said what make of camera you own.
There is free software from Canon for Canon, Nikon for Nikon, I think Olympus for Olympus, and maybe some other camera brand specific software.
This type of software often does many of the basics though not advanced work - and enables you to decide if extensive post processing is for you before parting with any money.
Lightroom/Photoshop is probably the front runner but costa about Ģ8.60 a month to use, though there are some first year 20% discounts.
anemone 3 3
2 Jun 2016 9:02AM
Sorry for my late reply I am using a canon eos 700d

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.