ADVERTISEMENT
The Societies' 2023 Photo Convention: Use Code EP10 To Save 10% On Seminar Tickets

Somerset Cameras

mcgannc 14 389 3 England
15 Mar 2010 11:54AM
Hi All,

Just a quick question before I make an online purchase. Anyone used Somerset Cameras? I want to order a backpack from them that is at a very good price but don't want to get my fingers burnt!

Have done a quick search in the forums here and on google, and nothng untoward has popped up, so just looking for any experiences with them.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
SteveHunter 14 386 1 England
15 Mar 2010 12:17PM
Hi

I have never used them before, but I would be wary of buying online from anywhere that was having a closing down sale.

I looked at a few of there bags which they are allegedly selling off very cheap, but they are no cheaper than Morris Photographic, who I do trust, and actually when you include p&p Morris work out cheaper.

Unless you are saving a fortune I would not bother taking the risk.
mcgannc 14 389 3 England
15 Mar 2010 12:26PM
It is quite a big saving - it's the Tamrac Adventure 10 and inc delivery they've got it at £73.94, it's £100 with Morris...although just looked on eBay and it's £81, so might just get it through them as at least I have some protection throguh Paypal.

Thanks for your input Steve.

Chris
MikeRC 17 3.6k United Kingdom
15 Mar 2010 4:13PM
Hi....there's a Tamrac Expedition 5 backpack on EPZ classifieds....looks interesting.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.