Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

sony a350 lens

pepperpot 9 1
23 Apr 2013 3:32PM
could anyone help us we are trying to find more info about wot lens to get
we have 70 too 300 sigma but we would like to get a telephoto lens up to 600mm don.t know wot ones to get the the cheaps one
please can anyone help
many thank s

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SteveHunter 7 386 1 England
23 Apr 2013 4:22PM
I think you might struggle to get up to 600mm, I can't actually find a Sony fit lens that is that long. I'm sure one probably exists just not sure I'm looking in the right place.

Value for money wise I think you would probably have to stick with Sigma and go for something like the Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM which retails new at about 750.00.

Lenses get very expensive when you start going for really long Zooms.
pablophotographer 4 536 221
23 Apr 2013 5:24PM
I am sure there would be a physical photo store in Cardiff, I'd go there with teh camera and that lens and would enquire about a teleconverter. That wouldn't break the bank as a very long zoom lens woyuld do. In fact with the change you can buy an ice-cream (shop).
franken Plus
13 3.7k 4 Wales
23 Apr 2013 6:20PM
I've purchased several cameras and lenses from the Camera Centre in Cardiff city centre.

here's a link to their site and Sony lenses and sony fit lenses if its any help to you?

pepperpot 9 1
23 Apr 2013 7:05PM
Great thanks for the replys..

Steppenwolf 4 1.2k
24 Apr 2013 8:31AM
There are two long lenses that are both cheap and good quality - the Minolta 100-400mm APO and the Minolta/Sony 500mm f8 reflex. These both deliver very high quality images. They're cheap because they're relatively small aperture - which is less of a problem nowadays with modern AF systems and high sensitivity sensors. They each cost between 300 and 400 on ebay or dyxum. You won't find a 600mm for sensible money. The cheapest way of doing this (and getting decent quality) is a Minolta 300mm f2.8 with the matching 2X TC, but this won't leave much change from 2000.

I'd steer clear of Sigma stuff on Sony DSLR/SLTs - see the Dyxum lens guide for why. Another possible is the Tamron 200-500mm which is more expensive and harder to find - also pretty big.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.