Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Sony A77

27 Aug 2011 11:33PM
The A77 was launched in Greece this week and a review had pictures taken with the 300MM 2.8 which are as good as my A850.
Although I have not yet received one. The spec on paper should blow away the opposition.
RRP 1600 It will be cheaper if you shop around. 24.3 mp 12 fps, object tracking, GPS. The review I read showed picture taken inside a hotel at high ISO showed more noise than a Nikon
maybe it was ISO 16000? Noise is my only concern with Sony cameras. The first thing I will chech out.
I do not think the A77 will replace my full frame. That will hapen when the A99 comes out next year.
A77 is availible from October, I expect one long before then and will post pictures as soon as I get it.
I would like to keep this topic going.
Alan

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

caromal 10 8 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2011 5:32PM
From what I am led to believe the a77 cameras tested are pre release units so may not have the correct firmware required. I dont think that Sony sanctioned the release of some of the images released because of this. It has always been my concern about Sony and high ISO and I do not believe that Sony would not have addressed this area. It is possible that they ''Rushed'' the release of these units due to the competitions forthcoming cameras. I would wait and see what we have in store from Sony and I am hoping that with the right glass in front of this camera and proper production models we will all be pleasantly surprised. I will continue to use my a900 with great effect using CZ and G lenses until then.
1 Sep 2011 10:06PM
I've put up my first A77 pic today. Getting used to the camera,
will try to post a pic every day. mainly kingfishers.
davewaine 12 141 3 England
12 Nov 2011 6:32AM
Apple released an update to Aperture yesterday that added support for the A77 and 65. That is good news for Mac users saving up for an A77 (that is me anyway).

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.