Get 5% off Loupedeck Live with code: Ephotozine5

Sony Alpha 6000

nax1946 5 11 Australia
10 Nov 2015 9:38PM
Thanks David. I can live with Manual Focus ( no big deal) as most of my images are of "static subjects" eg Land/Seascapes and Architecture.

So apart from the focusing issue you are happy with the results you are getting? Had a quick look at your album/s and am impressed.

Nino.
Sylar 12 133 England
5 Feb 2016 9:48PM
Since buying the a6000 I hardly ever use my d7100 or d750.

The kit lens is very good, and 30mm is fab.

I haven't tried a metabolism adapter to use my nikon lenses.

However I've order the stealth photographers trolley and then will take my nikon gear out more often, and tripod.
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
6 Feb 2016 12:36AM

Quote:I haven't tried a metabolism adapter to use my nikon lenses

Neither have I, it sounds interesting though Smile Smile
thewilliam 12 6.1k
6 Feb 2016 10:34AM

Quote:I haven't tried a metabolism adapter to use my nikon lenses

I'm not sure that I could swallow that!
nax1946 5 11 Australia
14 Feb 2016 12:36AM
Hi again guys.
I have purchased the a6000 and have had it since June of last year and have been extremely happy with it. I have also purchased adaptors for the Minolta Lenses as well as the Nikon Lenses.
I do not know if I have a major problem here, but just in the last week, when I try to use the Sony 16-50 lens, sometimes the camera sends me a message saying that it does not recognize the lens. So I take it off and place it back again and then the system works fine. Can anyone give me a bit of guidance as to what I could be doing wrong. I might add that all other Sony Lenses as well as the Minolta & Nikons all work fine.
StrayCat 16 19.1k 3 Canada
14 Feb 2016 6:08AM
Clean the contacts on the camera and 16-50 with a dry cotton cloth, might help.
kodachrome 9 723
15 Feb 2016 3:59PM
Apparently some where deep in the A6000 menu system there is a disable choice for the camera not recognising a lens when fitted via an adapter, check this out and disable it. However, you might have to reinstate it if you fit E mount lenses. I don't see that as much of a problem, I'm looking at using my Sony 18-135 on an A6000 via a cheap adapter when I get the camera that is. I guess its back to using manual again with that set up, unless I save my pennies for the Sony adapter which is pricy but gives you full auto focus and meter readings.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.