PortraitPro Flash Sale - 50% Off + Get An Extra 20% Off with Code: EZ89

Sony Bouncy Ball Advert

jimthistle73 16 2.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2005 1:50PM
The advert thread reminded me; does anyone know who the band / singer is in the new Sony telly ad featuring thousands of bouncy balls?

I heard the song on the radio tonight but missed hearing who it was!

My boss reckons he read that this ad was the real deal - i.e., they closed a road for six days and dropped literally thousands of balls from cranes. Looks all the better for it too.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

da_nige 16 1.2k United Kingdom
6 Dec 2005 1:55PM
Haven't looked but you could look at the adverts website here.
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2005 1:56PM
There's a thread here with details of the song and singer
HTH Debbie.
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
6 Dec 2005 1:57PM
Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats
6 Dec 2005 1:58PM
hi jim if you do a search on the frums on here theres a link to the site yep was all done for real thought it was all comp generated amazing well worth downloading the clips stuart

edit too late beaten to it
redhed17 14 874 England
6 Dec 2005 2:06PM
Ah well, I was beaten to it.

A good place to look for advert music, is here

While the Sony site says the let 250,000 balls down the hill in San Francisco, I have my doubts. Some of the balls in the advert are obviously computer generated.

And I can't imagine the chaos at the bottom of the hill when all those balls bounce into streets with traffic.

It's bad enough trying to control 1 bouncy ball, bevermind 250,000.Wink
6 Dec 2005 2:15PM
Woah - a veritable flood of replies - thanks! Followed Debbie's link and have been filling my cart at Amazon ever since!

When I was a kid we used to play a game called 'bouncy-ball attack', which basically involved shutting ourselves in the huge, empty conservatory in the park. We all had about 20 balls, some tiny, some vast and we'd all launch them with maximum force at the same time. Cue chaos and injuries.

The game ceased when a particularly large specimen smashed through both panes of a double-glazed door. We were too scared of the parkie to return for a few weeks!

Thanks again for all the info!
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2005 3:38PM
Hope you've not spent up Wink)
6 Dec 2005 3:47PM
O God - someone stop me! Went looking for that one album and ended up doing my Christmas shopping, plus a couple of books I've been after.

The latest edition of Portfolio magazine featured some odd looking portraits of children by a lady rejoicing in the name of 'Lux'. Amazon recommended the book so I just had to buy it.....
deviant 16 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
7 Dec 2005 5:07AM
Loretta Lux?
sairyfairy 14 116 United Kingdom
7 Dec 2005 5:34AM
I love that ad. It is real - not computer generated as well!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.