GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Sony's Cashback Experience

altitude50 15 16.1k United Kingdom
29 Mar 2019 9:50AM
I have just had a 19 minute conversation with Sony, they state that they sent me an email on the 14th March requesting a copy of a VAT invoice and a photo of the camera serial. (They didn't)...... I had sent the details in February.
I have just sent them the same stuff over again. I hope that this settles it, but they state that I have to wait another 28 days for an answer.
In the meantime the SONY Community keeps sending me sales emails, over and over again.
Very unimpressed with Sony's customer relations.Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

7 Apr 2019 2:08PM
It is now 72 days since I bought the camera, 'track the progress of your claim' link does not now work. Hardly worth the stress and anxiety. Never again..
pink Plus
16 6.1k 7 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2019 7:06AM
But that's entirely what they want, to get customers to give up, I would pursue it if it was me.
I have only had experience of Canon Cashback, and the 3 times I have done it have all been paid into my bank account within 3 weeks of making the claim, one of them only took a week.
I would have thought that you could contact Consumers Advice Bureau, or maybe threaten Sony with that course of action to see if makes them respond positively?
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
8 Apr 2019 7:58AM

Quote:Very unimpressed with Sony's customer relations

But what about the camera / lenses themselves ?

To be honest, I think this " cashback " by all the manufacturers, not just Sony, is not worth taking into consideration when deciding whether to buy or not.

8 Apr 2019 8:08AM

Quote:But that's entirely what they want, to get customers to give up,
Thanks, I am not giving up on it, I am still in the second period of 28 days wait after the last conversation I had with Sony on the 29th March.
Making it difficult and long-winded, deliberately, to claim your own money back from a big company seems a very poor commercial policy.
I have bought and used Sony products since the 1960's, I am using a Sony monitor now, I have always found their products very good. I really loved my a6000, beginning to wish that I had kept it.

Whatever happens I won't be buying anything from them in future............Sad
11 Apr 2019 11:01PM
Tonight I have received a customer service survey from Sony to fill in. They obviously are not aware that I am still waiting.........
LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
12 Apr 2019 8:18AM
Surveys are usually handled from outside a company to get an independent view, and on a random basis to get a representative cross sample.
With Nikon I get the credits within a week, from Ireland!
Railcam 13 770 2 Scotland
12 Apr 2019 3:34PM
You seem to be very unlucky with your Sony cashback.

In September 2018 I bought a Canon Pro10s printer and in December I bought a Nikon 70-200/f2.8 lens. Both had a 275 cash back and in both cases the money was in my account within 2 weeks of subminting the relevant documents. So well done Canon and Nikon.
Railcam 13 770 2 Scotland
13 Apr 2019 11:45AM

Quote:Both had a 275 cash back/quote]

Oops. The Canon cashback was only 75. However they still paid up in good time.

20 Apr 2019 8:30AM
Our bank statement arrived this morning. The cashback was paid into our a/c on the 15th April, 80 days after I purchased the camera.
I should be happy, but S*ny never informed me by email.SadSadSad
Least said the better, I think.
I now have a new S*ny A7 camera body, final cost 465, sort of worth the worry.
Plus a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 Di 111 RXD - very nice combination.Grin
22 Apr 2019 11:49AM
Now, this morning, S*ny have sent me an email stating that they are processing my claim!

I do not think that they are very well organised.

If they send me the cashback again, in error I think that I would be justified in hanging on to it for 80 days.Sad
1 May 2019 10:13AM
I see that S*ny have started a new series of cashback offers...........Grin
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
1 May 2019 10:39AM

Quote:I see that S*ny have started a new series of cashback offers...........Grin

I think you have an issue with your keyboard... it is printing an * instead of an o Wink

JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
9 Jul 2019 7:31PM
I recently bought a new lens and the invoice states I can claim cash back.

In another 16 days I will submit my claim and see what happens.
Apparently if it is approved then I may have to wait another 28 days ( 58 in total ) ........ just in time to buy some Christmas mince pies Smile
peterjones 17 4.9k 1 United Kingdom
10 Jul 2019 6:51PM
Fuji apply the 30 day wait from purchase but once past and applied for I have experienced no issue; recently I bought a Tamron lens and the money off was deducted immediately at the point of purchase; very well done Tamron.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.