ADVERTISEMENT
Enter ePz's Christmas Prize Draw! Plus, a prize for all on Xmas day!

Sorry about Fools at the top in Canada

tonyguitar 10 77 37 Canada
13 Aug 2018 9:31PM
I am a Canadian citizen and not a Twit... There are millions like me who would never fiddle with twitter. We do not want our government talking to us via Twitter. This twitter use is nothing but incompetence at the highest level.

Any well read Canadian knows that a lecture coming from a woman to the Saudies is simply viewed as an outrageous verbal assault no matter what the topic is.

We have expert ambassadors who can debate sensitive topics with Saudi leaders. How can a Canadian government official be so stupid as to scold the Saudies in a public forum for twits??

I worry about our government and fools in high places.

Also Alberta's raw bitumen should be exported via Abbotsford to Cherry point Washington. Burnaby's fire marshall says he can't save Burnaby from an oil fire even at today's capacity and a tanker collision fire under the Lions Gate bridge in Burrard inlet would likely kill thousands.

More fools in high places?? Of course! TG

PS: My sister and her family { who live in Minnisota USA], are asking me about
a return to Canada. They are worried about fools at the top in the USA. I suggest at least wait till after the next election. There is always hope. TG
JackAllTog Plus
13 6.4k 58 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2018 11:42PM
Ah thanks - i'd missed that news.

Though i'd say, after reading the link, that she should be free to express her own views without pandering to such sensitivities. Perhaps she'd get on with our Boris here.
14 Aug 2018 1:07AM
And thank you too Jack. Had no idea about the similar Sweeden 'Sparks'.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/11/clash-sweden-saudi-arabia-escalates-ambassador-withdrawn-human-rights

There again;....A woman giving a scolding in public.

What an affront to the proud male Saudi ego. TG
saltireblue Plus
12 13.4k 83
14 Aug 2018 8:14AM
Fools in political high places? Seems every country has them.
The Norwegian fisheries minister has just been forced to resign from his post and as deputy leader of one of the ruling parties (Progress Party).
He's 58, has recently split with his wife in favour of a 28yo Iranian/Norwegian (dual citizenship) and recently went on holiday with her to Iran, without getting the trip cleared beforehand, as all journeys to sensitive countries must be. He took with him his official iPhone, which contains and has links to all sorts of highly sensitive information - the proceedure is to get a 'one-off' phone from the security authorities and leave the official one at home. It turns out he also took it to China earlier this year! His 'defence' was that he went to Iran as a private person on holiday, not as a Crown Minister! He also failed to report his relationship with an Irani citizen. Worst of all, he couldn't understand that he had done anything wrong...makes Boris look like an Einstein...
14 Aug 2018 12:57PM
In an odd way, it is reassuring to know that ' entitled dimwits ' exist in other advanced country governments besides our own Canada. TG
Ross_D 8 841 1 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2018 2:19PM

Quote: it is reassuring to know that ' entitled dimwits ' exist in other advanced country governments

I'd hardly call it 'reassuring '...more like depressing Sad I first voted in the 70s (Labour) but quite honestly, in my 70+ years, I can say this is the WORST bunch of UK politicians (all parties) I have ever experienced . The majority of our modern day politicians have no honour, no ethics, no inspiration, no morals and even worse, the major political parties have no real leadership (Corbyn and May ...what a pair of dithering charlatans ! ) and no direction. Although I didn't always agree with their politics, I look back in envy to the days of Harold Wilson, 'Sunny' Jim Callaghan, and even Maggie Thatcher !! Heaven help us all.
Rant over....puts on steel helmet !
14 Aug 2018 7:19PM
Agreed!!....Leadership;...Thatcher was a sort of ridgid type, yet I must admit she had ability that is lacking today. TG
banehawi Plus
18 2.9k 4333 Canada
15 Aug 2018 4:01PM
Completely disagree with you tony. This was absolutely the right thing to do, stand up for human rights, thats what Canadians do.
SA are a terrorist funding repressive regime that totally overrreacted, as they do. Trump, with no balls to support his long time ally, (SA are no an ally of US or NATO) dumped us so he could continue to build hotels in SA.

Which side of that sick argument would be the right side?

There are no fools at the top in Canada, and those reading this should know that traditionally, western Canada, where you are, have a deeply embedded hatred for the Liberal party.
15 Aug 2018 9:40PM
I will gently and politely correct you there as the Liberal Party is my choice this time around.

There is no deeply embedded hatred for the Liberal party across Western Canada. We helped elect the Liberals.

You are correct saying " SA are a terrorist funding repressive regime ". Canada deals with them in a diplomatc way and gains were being made on human rights.

My point is simply that a brash public scolding of SA from a woman on twitter in public is rude and counter productive. This gives the Saudies an advantage to show how tough they are and sets back gains made with diplomacy. TG

Big Bri 21 16.7k United Kingdom
16 Aug 2018 8:56AM

Quote:In an odd way, it is reassuring to know that ' entitled dimwits ' exist in other advanced country governments besides our own Canada. TG

Excuse me, but this is a British website. Don't come on here moaning about your Canadian leaders, when we have far better leaders here to criticise. Tongue
saltireblue Plus
12 13.4k 83
16 Aug 2018 9:46AM

Quote:we have far better leaders here

Define better...Wink
Big Bri 21 16.7k United Kingdom
16 Aug 2018 10:03AM

Quote:
Define better...Wink

More worthy of criticism Grin
saltireblue Plus
12 13.4k 83
16 Aug 2018 10:25AM

Quote:
Quote:
Define better...Wink

More worthy of criticism Grin

In that case, I totally agree with you!
16 Aug 2018 7:53PM
Delightful humour. The best way to deal with wildcard events we have little control over. TG

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.