Get 20% Off PortraitPro 22 With Our Exclusive Code

Southampton - South Hants

phred 15 85
3 Aug 2006 3:46PM
Anyone interested in a meet, I'm available weekends Fri aft - Mon aft. Basically any time, any place, any ideas?
Totally flexible. Just thought I'd see if there were any like minded eziners.
phil beale 18 1.5k United Kingdom
5 Aug 2006 6:16PM
Going to Arundel wetlands trust just down the road this sunday see meets forum.

Phil
suejoh Plus
17 257 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2006 8:07PM
I would be interested in meeting somewhere at the weekend. Live in fordingbridge - between Salisbury and Bournemouth. I always wondered whehter there were harbour shots around southampton?

Or is it Lymington that has those marsh lands by the sea - good bird shots?
Sue
chris.maddock 20 3.7k United Kingdom
5 Aug 2006 8:17PM
Farlington Marshes, just east of Portsmouth is good for salt marshes and birding - especially when the Brent Geese are in for the winter.

KRs
Chris
brian1208 18 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2006 8:24PM

Quote:Or is it Lymington that has those marsh lands by the sea - good bird shots?

Keyhaven Marshes run from Milford on Sea to Lymington Sue and can be excellent for Wildfowl and Waders from Autumn through Spring. You get some superb sunrises there too.

(There is a nice little harbour at Milford and Hurst Castle as well - if you are up for a long walk along a shingle bank for the latter)

My wife and I frequently go there so if you'd like to join us I can drop you an e-mail / PM to let you know when we are planning to go.
suejoh Plus
17 257 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2006 6:03PM
Brian - that would be great. I would love to. e-mail is sue.johnson@jpmorgan.com. Sue
brian1208 18 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2006 6:27PM
PM'd you Sue
phred 15 85
7 Aug 2006 12:34PM
Hi all, I started this discussion so I thought Iíd better make a contribution. Seems like all the chat is about going to wetlands etc. I suggest that an initial meeting something like Soton old town late afternoon about 5ish. Meet in the Duke of Wellie for a face to face and a sherbet. Then as a group take a walk around the area. As I said before flexible on dates but as an opener Saturday 12th? RSVP.
tanglefoot 17 973 England
9 Aug 2006 9:09PM
sue, did you have photos of puffins published in P P once?
suejoh Plus
17 257 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2006 12:15PM
Missed the 12th - did anyone go?? I was at the Ellingham show so even if I had seen the post I could not have come along. Think of another date ??

Also - TANGLEFOOT - Are you psychic???? No I have not had a puffin pic published anywhere but I do have quite a nice pic of puffins from our recent hol in Scotland. Will post it. I have had pics in a falconry mag for a friend of ours - but they have been of Birds of Prey and once some telemetry equipment.

Also (again) I went to Hurst Castle on Sunday. What a mission the walk is - a mile along the shingle bank (bad) but infinitely worse - a mile back again. The dog was really fed up. Anyway some reasonable pics as the sun came out eventually but I can see that sunrises would be awesome there. Will try and post some of these too - some time. Smile

Need to get to a meeting as have not been on one since the winter.
Sue
phred 15 85
14 Aug 2006 3:54PM
Hi Sue
Although I tried to set a meet up no one replied to the RSVP. As a result I didnít go and I assume no one else did. Instead I went for a walk in the forest.
Iíve done the Hurst Castle trip a few times now, it is a bit of a trial, still they say itís good for the thighs and very therapeutic on the ankles and feet. Yes I agree either sunsets or sunrises would be good there.

Again! Sigh! Smile. I am willing to meet, times, as Iíve stated and any venue within reason. Perhaps someone else could come up with a suggestion.
Keep in touch.
Fred.
curlyfilm 16 139
14 Aug 2006 7:38PM
i live in gosport and would like too meet other snappers, i'm a totalll untechnical photographer, so would be no help, so if any future meets are planned drop us a line
phil beale 18 1.5k United Kingdom
15 Aug 2006 12:45AM
Walking around Southampton doesn't appeal.

I'll be happy to organise one at Marwell if there is interest, in the past we have had a good turn out. But recently meets don't seem very popular tried posting a couple but with very little response so I tend not to bother and just head of to a location and save myself the grief.

But if there are people who live in the area that would be interested then we could PM if they we are planning ongoing to location then that may be away ahead.

Phil
tanglefoot 17 973 England
17 Aug 2006 9:11AM
Marwell, have you no imagineation? somebody is always trying to organise a day out there, don't get many takers. Last time I was in Gosport I was asked twice if I was the Power FM fugitive
Miles Herbert 19 1.9k 4 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2006 10:26AM
Well Alan, WERE you the Power FM Fugitive??

:o)))

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.