Zoner Photo Studio X: The only photo editor you'll ever need - save 25%

Southampton - South Hants

phred 15 85
17 Aug 2006 3:08PM
Are we getting somewhere?
I have to agree with Alan D. I can't get too excited about fur and feathers either.
Judging by Miles's excellent portfolio looks like Phil has a soulmate there, also next time Miles has a day out at the seaside i would be very interested.
Sorry not excellent - superb.
tanglefoot 17 973 England
19 Aug 2006 7:04AM
Miles, I would class myself more of an ephotozine fugitive than the Power FM bod, mind you I would not so no to his 1000, could dump the D70 and get a decent camera. I think zoo 's are more for specators than photographers I like to take animals as they are...roaming free, will post in the gallery a deer eating thr tree bark, don't get that at the zoo
Miles Herbert 19 1.9k 4 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2006 7:40AM
... had to ask you "just in case" Alan!

Smile
suejoh Plus
17 257 United Kingdom
26 Aug 2006 8:25AM
Still no meeting set up but we could list places to go and then pick a date. I am meant to be biz in september but other half has not confirmed any plans. Sigh! Why is other half so dis-organised.

Anyway possible palces to go ....
Abbotsbury swan place
keyhaven - either marshes or Hurst castle
Southampton old town - HOW old is it?
Farlington Marshes
Can we get to harbours around Portsmouth / southampton? I visit my Mum in sussex and go over a river on the M27 WHERE it looks very photogenic
New Forest places
Stately homes before they close for the winter
Gardens
The races? Just missed Salisbury races (horses) but Goodwood?
Other events?

Sue
phred 15 85
26 Aug 2006 11:27AM
Woo Hoo! a result!
Sue, the options you suggested seem good,
Abbotsbury, sounds good but is it not a bit of a trek? could be some good stuff on the way too.
Keyhaven, done that can't get enthused over fur n feathers.
So'ton old town, I suggested that only as a first meeting somewhere local, still up for it though.
Farlington Marshes, could be up for that, so long as it's not too much FnF.
Harbours, do me, pompey preferably.
New Forest, I do that fairly often, would be interested in some new locations though.
Stately Homes, Yes - where?
Gardens, yes that would be tripod stuff.
Races, Never done that, used to sneak into Ayr races when I was a kid. I know you can get into Goodwood in off days FOC and the 1st Sat (summertime)of every month there is some kind of club meeting.
Other events, I'm going to Notting Hill this weekend, and intend to camp out in Pembrokshire in the next month or so.
Fred
suejoh Plus
17 257 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2006 10:13AM
I dont mind S'ton old town but would really like some harbours in the rising or setting sun? Harbours around Southampton - or what about Bucklers Hard area? Ages since I've been there.

Anyway - other people - any ideas? I am busy over the next few weekends so late Sep / early oct does for me.
Sue
phred 15 85
4 Sep 2006 3:06PM
right Sue
I'm all for it Bucklers Hard it is, give us a range of dates to meet and we can go from there.
Any other takers?
many thanks
fred
BigCol 20 1.8k 1 Scotland
4 Sep 2006 3:28PM
I could be up for this if the dates are right. All I have to do is pursuade my misses that she needs to go to Pompey to see her parents and I can slope off for the day. Easy when you put it like that!
I'll keep an eye on the dates.

Col
debster 17 693 3 England
4 Sep 2006 3:39PM
Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to post a thread in the forum about another Dorset meet - however, Bucklers Hard would be excellent for me - I went once last year and really enjoyed it. If you arrange it for a weekend, you can put me down as a definite!

Debbie
brian1208 18 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2006 4:27PM
I'll keep an eye on the dates too. It could be a problem as that's when we've got our exhibition but hopefully I can work round that
owp 17 168
4 Sep 2006 5:29PM
. . looks like all we need is a date then? Smile

Mike.W
suejoh Plus
17 257 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2006 6:53PM
w/e's of 23rd/24th Sep and 30th / 1st oct are free for me.
Bucklers hard opening times are:-
The last admission each day is 40 minutes prior to closing time.

10.30 am until 5.00 pm - Easter to September
11 am until 4.00 pm - October to Easter

However there is also a path along the river i think for earlier if we want a sunrise?

Sue
andytvcams 19 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
4 Sep 2006 6:58PM
Having done Bucklers

The hard waySmile

My advise is to go into the pub next door buy a drink and go through the side door into the beer garden.

Guess were you will end up?

And its cheaper Smile
Maddie 16 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
5 Sep 2006 12:13PM
sounds interesting, i will be keeping an eye out for dates and times! Smile
phred 15 85
5 Sep 2006 4:06PM
Ok then for starters.
I'm ok for the W/e of 23rd/24th Sep.
Any one else want to commit as well.
After having seen some of the portfolios of respondents the venue should be good for quite a few.
Fred

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.