Get Up To 30% Off Regatta Waterproof Jackets

Spooky Stuff....

User_Removed 16 825 Lithuania
18 Sep 2005 8:32PM
thanks to ian , suz`, jim etc for added comments....

jim!...thanks but not the case here,,, opposite in fact,,, working on that part of the house and no heating at present...

anyway... she is still in with her mum though nothing else has happened... but saying that... the dog has acted a bit strange a few times... when im on here (epz) its usually about 4 or 5 in the morning when i get in from work...anyway.. suddenly Leo has jumped up off the sofa out of his sleep trotted over and pawded at the door to the hall, i get up and open the door and he just stands there lookin up the stairs but doesnt go out into the hall... again, a bit strange but probably nothing... maybe someone should organise an epz meet where you stay at a haunted location and we can practice some infra red photography.... Halloween is coming and it would literaly be a scream!.... Wink
Just Jas 19 26.3k 1 England
19 Sep 2005 3:20AM

Quote:I think dogs will not climb a staircase if it's not a solid one ie there it has risers.

I think the dog should be exorcised more regularly! Smile

jas
c_evans99 18 7.0k 1 Wales
19 Sep 2005 4:17AM
A coupel of months back I woke in the night I woke up and was convinced that my mother was sitting on my bed like she did when I was ill as a kid... it only lasted a few seconds but was very vivid.

With a mind half on stories of people appearing to family at the point they died I was on pins in the morning - I wanted to phone make sure everything was OK but not make a big thing of it. Fortunately she was fine, but it was so real.

Ceri
A_Harrison 16 261 Canada
11 Oct 2005 6:04PM
Our last home used to have shadow people wallking around.My wife used to hear what she thought was me coming home from work,but of course there was nothing there.

Things got moved around,turned on and off.The most annoying was I would make a fresh pot of coffee and go get a cup and the pot was empty?

Our daughter would wake and tell us of an old man standing over her bed and we could offen see the shadow of a small girl running down the hallway.

We just told our girls what we thought was going on.they seemed to accept it with ease,and it didn't bother them as much as it spooked my wife and I.

(A footnote)

When we sold the place we told the new owners nothing of this...
About a month after they moved in we got a phone call from them...and they asked.

"Have you ever seen anything STRANGE in the house."

Yahoo we're not crazy.

Allan
11 Oct 2005 9:05PM
I'm a born sceptic but a few things have happened that I can't explain.

I sold my house a couple of months ago. In the three months before completion, every night around 11, I would here footsteps, running from the front to the back of the house (on the first floor) and a small boy (sounded about 3-4 years old) laughing. Freaked me out a bit at first (I was living on my own) as there was a wall seperating the upstairs, then it almost got comforting. Never found out who / what it was.

Weird stuff....

Jules
robob 18 1.0k England
12 Oct 2005 2:58AM
I'm not sure of the exact percentage, but there's a large portion of our brain that we don't use. There must be some purpose for this part of the brain.

I believe certain people are more tuned in than others.

I've never seen a ghost, but I did have a strange experience.

3 months before Concord crashed, I had a dream it crashed over a town on the outskirts of Manchester. I was driving through that town 3 months later at the time it actually crashed in Paris! I actually told my partner about the dream prior to the real crash.
GingerBadger 16 97 Wales
12 Oct 2005 4:36AM
Hey

Did your daughter offer any type of description? Not being obtuse - just wondering if she expanded on a little boy...

Thanks.
A_Harrison 16 261 Canada
12 Oct 2005 5:10AM
A general description really.An old man with a white shirt with no coller and suspenders.No little boy.

Also they seemed more active when ever we did renovations.They did not like that I guess.

Allan
nigelf22 17 583
12 Oct 2005 5:11AM
I have not knowingly seen a ghost, but have heard accounts by other people of instances of manifestations.

I once had a summer job as a night security supervisor checking up on guards in offices. One particular old building in London, converted to offices, required a top floor walk through; unlocking a double door then locking it behind you, walking down a 100ft corridor to another set of locked double doors, unlocking those, walking through and relocking. There was a light switch at one end and a repeater halfway down. If the lights were on you had to switch them off halfway down the corridor, a torch was required.

Every time I walked down the corridor to the double doors at the end, flicking off the light switch on the way, I became more apprehensive. Over a period this steadily got worse, I noticied the temperature was always cooler at the end of the corridor and truly felt dread. One night the hairs on the back of my neck twitched, I broke out into a cold sweat and I had the distinct impression someone was standing right behind me as I desperately sought the right key, I was physically unable to turn around and eventually fumbling with the key in the lock fell through the door, locking it behind me.

It got to the point that I couldn't face "it" anymore and after a few days on a different rota it was my turn to check this building again.

The same thing happened again.

But at the last moment I decided I wasn't going to let this happen and stood my ground, took a deep breath and spun round...

...of course there was nothing there.

I guessed it was just humankinds subconcious mortal dread of darkness, which never bothered me at all. It was all pretty weird because I also used to have to night check a 15th century hospice that was in the process of being converted to yuppie flats and that meant a walk through a very disturbed ancient burial ground (the residents had been removed) where ground pilings were being driven in... spooky but no presence felt there.
User_Removed 16 4.9k England
12 Oct 2005 5:18AM
Yep as a six year old .... Saw an apparition in the corner of my bedroom, like a Dust devil, swirling in the corner. I was out of there so fast, I scorched the floorboards. Couldn't get me to go back in, for a few days afterwards.
maggiem 17 339 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2005 5:26AM
Well....does this count? As a five or six year old, I had to walk through the dining room of an elderly aunt I was staying with to get to the outside loo. It was dark, with a little light coming in from the window. I definitely saw Tom Thumb sitting on the table, he got up and ran away from me to hide behind the fruit bowl. I didn't dare to look behind the fruit bowl, and barely made it to the loo I was so scared!!! (And to this day, I still swear it WAS Tom Thumb)
Maggie
simont 17 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2005 5:37AM
A Professor at Texas A&M University was giving a lecture on the supernatural. To get a feel for his audience, he asks, "How many people here believe in Ghosts?"

About 90 students raise their hands.

"Well, that's a good start. Out of those of you who believe in Ghosts, do any of you think you have seen a Ghost?"

About 40 students raise their hands.

"That's really good. I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a Ghost?"

About 15 students raise their hands.

"Has anyone here ever touched a Ghost?"

3 students raise their hands.

"That's fantastic. Now let me ask you one more question... Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?"

Way in the back Bubba raises his hand. The Professor takes off his glasses, and says, "Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture; no one has ever claimed to have made love to a Ghost. You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience."

The big Redneck student replied with a nod and a grin, and began to make his way up to the podium. When he reached the front of the room, the Professor asks, "So, Bubba, tell us what it's like to have sex with a Ghost?"

Bubba replied, "Shiiiit! From way back thar, I thought you said - Goats."
collywobles 17 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
12 Oct 2005 6:01AM
There I was watching the TV last night and Elvis appeared in the chair next to me ................... !
User_Removed 16 4.9k England
12 Oct 2005 6:05AM
Was he in Pink :0
GingerBadger 16 97 Wales
12 Oct 2005 6:25AM

Quote:Hey

Did your daughter offer any type of description? Not being obtuse - just wondering if she expanded on a little boy...

Thanks.

No, sorry - I was writing that for Whoops - and the original mail...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.