Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Spyder 4 elite windows 10

9 Mar 2017 7:13PM
Are there any issues with Spyder 4 elite running on windows 10 ?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

9 Mar 2017 8:03PM
I have a spider 4 express. It does not run on Windows 10 so that's why i'm still using windows 8.1 on a dual boot system where it runs fine. Windows 10 does not recognise the device although the software runs to a point.

I think this problem with compatibility and support is a cynical move by either Datacolour or Microsoft to try to make us buy the latest equipment. I will stick with Windows 8.1 for now.
cameracat 15 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
9 Mar 2017 8:20PM
I am running Spyder Pro version 4-5-4 software on Windows 10 64bit with no issues what so ever, The Elite version should easily run on the same software as it is higher up the food chain than my Spyder Pro 4, Have a look at Datacolors site for the means to download the 4-5-4 software for the 4 Elite, Though they seem less interested in supporting previous models than days gone by.
Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
9 Mar 2017 10:21PM
I am running Spyder 3 Pro on my W10 PC with no problems. However, it was already installed in W7 when I upgraded to W10. I have some other old software which I know will not install on W10 but will run fine if already installed when you upgrade. It may be that old versions of Spyder are the same though I have not checked this out.

Dave
geffers7 Plus
9 52 1 United Kingdom
10 Mar 2017 9:05AM
I have Spider4pro running on W10 - no issues at all although it was installed when I had W7.
10 Mar 2017 11:19PM
The only reason I'm asking is I'm currently watching a item on ebay so didn't want to waste my money on an item that isn't going to work

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.