GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Spyder2 express

frenchie44 13 341 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2017 9:56AM
I have the Spyder2 express unit, only used about twice a year for 7 years. I tried it on my monitor with Windows 10 PC. a pop up told me that it cannot be used with win 10. I Have down loaded the latest upgrade for Vista. but not sure it will work with win 10. any ideas of a way round it, it seems a shame to ditch it when only used less than 20 times

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam 11 6.1k
16 Jan 2017 11:49AM
My wife's monitor calibrator wouldn't work with W10 so she spoke with the distributor who told her there was no updated software available. They expected their customers to buy a new calibrator but my wife chose a different make.

Ask the dealer whether software updates are available.
Dave_Canon 13 1.6k United Kingdom
16 Jan 2017 11:54AM
I used to have the Spyder 2 Express but Upgraded to the Spyder 3 Pro some years ago. Fortunately the Spyder 3 Pro (though obsolete) does work on W10. It might be a good time to Upgrade anyway. The Spyder 2 Express did not have any help in setting the monitor brightness which is very important. While we are told that modern displays do not change very quickly, I would have though twice a year is insufficient. I have two similar Dell Untrasharp monitors but one in 2 years old and the other 7 years old. When freshly calibrated the screen is very similar on both. However, the older monitor drifts fairly fast and needs re-calibrating about every 6 weeks. I notice that I have to increase the brightness a little every time and, though it started at just below 50% many years ago, I am now up to 85% and expect the monitor will be unusable soon. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Dave
banehawi Plus
15 2.1k 4036 Canada
16 Jan 2017 2:42PM
It can be used with W10. Go to the colourvision site and check for software the allows it to work with W10. I use one on W10 regularly.
frenchie44 13 341 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2017 2:50PM
Thankyou, al I have to do now is find it, I moved house recently and I have not unpacked everything yet.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.