Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Squeezebox Duet

Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
14 Jun 2013 6:27PM
Anyone got one of these Squeezebox Duet devices. I'm having trouble setting one up and cant seem to find the answer via Google
lawbert 13 1.8k 15 England
14 Jun 2013 6:50PM
I have a Roberts Internet radio that I stream music from my PC...Similar set up?
Whats the problem Pete in your set up?
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
14 Jun 2013 7:01PM
I cant get the Logitech controller to recognise the Logitech player. I have the music on an external drive connected to the PC. It is all listed in iTunes...and now also in Logitech's Media Server. But the server does not find the player. The player can be found in set up mode from the controller, and I go through the process of red yellow green and finally blue light on showing the network is good. The controller and Server both show healthy Wireless levels. I downloaded SoftSqueeze, and the Server sees this and allows the music to be played. The controller doesn't see SoftSqueeze.

I've just added four squeezebox exe's to be allowed through the Windows 7 firewall too

All I want to do is play the music through my hifi amp. Using music from the external harddrive

Looked at loads of sites, forums, etc and am getting no where

Also if I try to access "my Music" from the controller I get a message saying I need to download Logitech's media Server. so the controller's not connecting either.
14 Jun 2013 7:09PM
Im afraid I cant helpSad

Have you looked at Amazon as there are some very detailed reviews there which may troubleshoot the problems your having
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
14 Jun 2013 9:14PM

Quote:Have you looked at Amazon as there are some very detailed reviews

I hadn't, but when I did it was mixed between people praising it and others saying it was poor due to stuff like what I've just experienced.

But I finally cracked it...router reboot needed. All working well now Smile
14 Jun 2013 9:20PM

Quote:Have you looked at Amazon as there are some very detailed reviews
I hadn't, but when I did it was mixed between people praising it and others saying it was poor due to stuff like what I've just experienced.

But I finally cracked it...router reboot needed. All working well now Smile

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
mikehit 11 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2013 9:27PM
Ive got the SB Touch so met the problem you had. Even more frustrating is when I get a Windows auto update and the pooter restarts, which means I get up in the morning to no radio. I must get ny NAS set up and load LMS on it
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
14 Jun 2013 9:40PM
Well it's working but cutting out and rebuffering all the time - even though the wireless signal is 100% and everything else is running super fast. More things to work out. I think I'll stick to CDs Wink
cantona43 15 928 4 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2013 9:43PM
I purchased last week the JBL Soundfly Airplay what a superb sound and was so easy to set up I managed it myself
mikehit 11 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2013 9:44PM
Yep. I used to get that as well. But it does seem to settle down over a week or so.
dickb 11 9 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2013 11:05PM
it sometimes is a bit hit and miss but connecting the player via a lan cable does the trick. My iphone app seems more reliable than the controller!!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.