Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

St catherines dock

thewaiter 14 1.2k 9 England
1 Jul 2004 6:56AM
I can't find the topic in the search menu but, did someone mention that you cannot photograph around St catherines dock in London, or they encountered a problem with it??

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy Plus
11 14.5k 13 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 7:28AM
Hmmm, I don't know I spent a lunchtime there last year and took loads of pics, including this one and no one stopped me. Though I wasn't using a tripod so blended in with the tourists!

1 Jul 2004 8:19AM
thanks for the info, I'll leave the tripod at home!I would hate to be mistaken for a proffesional Smile.....
lordposh 11 45 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 9:10AM
Kevin, you may regret not taking your tripod, there is a number of other places where you can get good shots and use your tripod....
If you have a monopod, I seem to get away without being hassled too much.

loweskid 14 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 9:41AM
I've used a Bronica SQ on a tripod there without any problems, though I must admit it was a couple of years ago.
Carabosse Plus
12 39.9k 269 England
1 Jul 2004 10:04AM
I have photographed in St Katherine's Dock without being challenged. Didn't use tripod/monopod though.

It was at a time of year when there were no tourists around - but I still didn't get any hassle.
mark a. 11 920 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 3:12PM
St Katherine Docks are private property, and looking at their website they charge if you want to use it for professional photographs.

I think the way these things go is that if you start using a tripod they'll see you as a pro, and want to start charging you lots of money! So either write to them and get permission beforehand, or else, just don't use a tripod.

But it's a nice place - I ought to go back there (it's only a few minutes walk from my office).
1 Jul 2004 3:30PM
Thanks for the info Mark, I must be just round the corner from you!
1 Jul 2004 3:39PM
I have just spoken to Una, as I'm a student theres no problem Wink but outside of that, standard cameras and lenses are fine, you start running in to trouble when you get your tripod out and stick a large format box on top of it Wink

thanks everyone for the info today, if it's a nice day tomorrow I'll be over there.
mark a. 11 920 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 3:43PM
Hey, if you're there at lunchtime (12 - 2ish) and bored, send me an e-mail (see my profile) and we can meet for a coffee.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.