Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Standard or dynamic focus

digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2005 7:32AM
When I get that close I normally use manual focus.

Re the confirmation beep, that is something I miss but as the book says, when it is in continuous focus mode it is up to the photographer. I suppose it would drive you mad if it was beeping several times a second. :0)

Ian
Boyd 17 11.2k 11 Wales
25 Jul 2005 7:34AM
Hang on a minute. Everyone is mentioning Digicammad's post and I mentioned the narrow DOF issue first! Bah!

*Boyd wanders off, feeling ignored*

;o)
patters 17 1.8k 1 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2005 7:39AM
I admit it would be very minute.
Shame Boyd aint around, he'd be bound to have some input, albeit useless
digicammad 18 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2005 7:40AM
Did somebody just say something Patters?

Grin
UserRemoved 17 4.2k
25 Jul 2005 7:42AM
Is that better boyd?
patters 17 1.8k 1 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2005 7:44AM
na, I farted
User_Removed 16 4.9k England
25 Jul 2005 7:53AM
Tried af S shooting a pet dog coming towards me...... all slightly out of focus. Tried af C with my grandaughter coming towards me, no beep, only uses the centre af sensor, and everyone but one was spot on, and I saw that was out when I shot it. That's the MK7D. On macro manual focus is recommended any way using, 100mm macro lens, because of the length of travel of the focusing without the limit button. Better with it limited to the macro end if af macro is needed.
Col
UserRemoved 17 4.2k
25 Jul 2005 8:16AM
Patters reply reminded me of an old joke I heard when working for BT....

A plane was circling above East Anglia, lost in fog, searching for Ipswich airport, only about 10 minutes fuel left when the pilot spots a building that looks like a control tower.
He flies over and opens the window and shouts out 'Where am I?' to a guy sitting in the office.
The guy shouts back 'In a plane'

The pilot turns 180 degrees and flies another 3 miles before touching down perfectly at Ipswich airport.

The co-pilot is amazed and asks 'how did you know where to go from that question'

Well the answer I got was 100% factually correct but of no use to anyone in the real world so I had to be over BT development labs, Martlesham Heath.
BruceC 16 171
25 Jul 2005 8:22AM
Joe, I prefer that to the version I've heard before, which has the pilot saying to the person on the ground "you're a lawyer, aren't you?". The punch line is the same, except it stops after "world". Nice to see someone else other than lawyers being the butt of the joke.

Bruce

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.