Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 3-Months For FREE!

Station photographs.

martinproe 15 293 5 England
30 Jul 2009 1:05PM
ok, I have a problem!, I'm shooting a wedding tomorrow at a very nice hotel which is right next door to a railway station.The groom asked me whether I could take some shots there at our first meeting, so I did a reckie today and there are photo opportunities to be had.
Trouble is, if I go in with a bride and groom and begin to shoot, will we be forcibly evicted? Should I just go in and start shooting, or should I ask permission first?
Any experience or advice would be very welcome. (shooting in the foyer, not on platforms).
Henchard 16 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2009 1:08PM
CRAIGR2 14 23 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2009 1:43PM
Hi, dont know if this will help but you can buy a pass to work on train station platforms. i have one valid for a month from the London Underground film unit, and im sure which ever line your station come under will have a unit that deals with publicity. Word of warning though if there is a pass do not mention pro photographer because the price goes up tenfold, and the fact you may get a pass it is still the station managers perogative to say no as i found out last year!
Good luck
martinproe 15 293 5 England
30 Jul 2009 5:25PM
Thanks John, that's really useful, and ta Craig, this place is always a mine of info.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.