Save An Extra 10% On Portrait Pro v21 With Code: NM2367

Staying in Cumbria

dontforgetme 16 1.7k 7 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2015 6:31PM
Looking to stay for 2-3 nights in Cumbria sometime during the week commencing 2nd Nov.

Looking for cheap as chips, so I'm really only looking for somewhere to put my head and be able to wash etc. Anyone got any recommends?

So far considering sleeping in the car lol
justin c 16 5.1k 36 England
20 Oct 2015 6:49PM
I sleep in the car quite regularly when away on photography trips. A good book, the radio softly playing, the seats reclined, a big mug of hot chocolate and snugly wrapped up in a Rab down sleeping bag. It actually becomes quite cosy and comfortable after a while. No accommodation costs to budget for and you're totally mobile and up for sunrise every day Smile
20 Oct 2015 7:52PM

Quote:I sleep in the car quite regularly when away on photography trips. A good book, the radio softly playing, the seats reclined, a big mug of hot chocolate and snugly wrapped up in a Rab down sleeping bag. It actually becomes quite cosy and comfortable after a while. No accommodation costs to budget for and you're totally mobile and up for sunrise every day Smile

do you ever have any issues with 'locals" on way back from pub, or police trying to move you on?

sounds quite appealing, I last slept in the car in the lake district in 1979. 4 of us, we had joined YHA, and turned up expecting a bed for a night, didn't know that you had to book months in advance.
20 Oct 2015 8:14PM

Quote:do you ever have any issues with 'locals" on way back from pub, or police trying to move you on?

I tend to always park up in the quietest location I can find and often it's in more rural locations so I've never had any issues at all in that regard.

The police pay a visit on most occasions but just to check that all is well. I've never ever been asked to move on and I can't imagine ever being asked to do so, after all it's perfectly legal to sleep in a car as long as you're not parked illegally. The police tend to be extremely friendly and helpful once you've explained what you're doing and usually apologize for disturbing you.
20 Oct 2015 8:48PM

I tend to always park up in the quietest location I can find and often it's in more rural locations so I've never had any issues at all in that regard.

so where has been the most remote/strangest location?
20 Oct 2015 9:13PM
Nothing terribly remote or strange but many nights spent car camping in south, mid and north Wales.

All over Mallorca, the higher up the better. It's great to be up with (before) the sun, overlooking everything in the misty valleys below. Just you, your camera and a mug of tea and the best bit is you end up with the whole place to yourself for several hours until the first coach loads of German tourists start arriving Tongue

Not quite so rural, but many nights in Palma city center. Many nights near central London.

Too name just a few Smile

More fun with a tent and mountain bike though, you sleep so much better after riding to the top of a mountain with all your camping and photographic gear.
Snapper 15 4.5k 3 United States Outlying Islands
20 Oct 2015 9:54PM

Quote:I sleep in the car quite regularly when away on photography trips. A good book, the radio softly playing, the seats reclined, a big mug of hot chocolate and snugly wrapped up in a Rab down sleeping bag. It actually becomes quite cosy and comfortable after a while. No accommodation costs to budget for and you're totally mobile and up for sunrise every day Smile

In November???
20 Oct 2015 10:20PM

Quote:In November???

Anytime. Winter's great, nice and cosy and no ridiculously early starts.
STUARTHILL758 18 38 1 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2015 7:36AM
Come and stay in barrow in furness excell ent photo opertuneties 15min and you are in the middle of the Lake District

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.