Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Steps foward to say Hi!

ChrisNikon 10 52
26 Oct 2007 12:18PM
Hi everyone, Iíve been a member of this site for some time but never really got round to introducing myself.

I live in Wiltshire and as my name suggests, Iím a Nikon user! Currently I have a Nikon D70s, an F90x and a small Nikon Coolpix 4600 that is always in my brief case. My lens collection comprises a Nikon 50mm F1.8, Sigma 24 - 70mm, Sigma 10 Ė 20mm, Nikon 24 Ė 120mm and a Nikon 70 Ė 300. I also have a Nikon SB 800 flash Ė this is great for off camera wireless flash. The F90x is fantastic camera, its built like a tank and has shutter like machine gun! Despite having a Minolta Dimage scanner, I donít shoot much film but canít bear to part with the F90x!

I always shoot in RAW and now use Corelís Paint Shop Pro vXI. I tried Photoshop Elements but didnít like it and the professional CS version of photoshop is just too expensive. Paint Shop Pro is very intuitive and easy to use, I guess its something of a halfway house between the two Photoshop products. Also, Paint Shop has a good raw converter and batch process facility. The B&W and infrared conversions are good but I guess purists will disagree!

I have a broad topic range, much of which mirror my own interests. So, in no particular order, I would list Motor Sport and cars in general, anything to do with water and sailing, flowers, architecture and people. I have started to do some studio work and really enjoyed it. This type of photography is very challenging because there are so many variables. However, it is enjoyable and rewarding. I would like to do more of this in the future.

I need to concentrate on the creative aspect of my photograph and improve my visionary skills. What I mean is, I want to be able to see the image before I take it so that I stop walking past those cracking shots.

Developing and launching my first photographic web site at www.newsarum.co.uk was a good move Ė its great having you own images on your own site on the net! There is a facility to add comments, and I would encourage all readers to check it out and comment on my work.

Thatís me folks, now back to photography!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT 10 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
26 Oct 2007 12:21PM
Hello ChrisNikon, I'm CathyNikon....we also have a MaddieNikon and a CherylNikon and quite a few other little Nikon running around here..

Welcome to EPZ...
jaecat 9 29 United Kingdom
26 Oct 2007 12:26PM
hi,
im new here just thought id say hello,i use paint shop pro too,im hubby has cs2 but i feel alot more comfortable using paint shop.
Just Jas Plus
14 26.0k 1 England
26 Oct 2007 2:58PM
Hi!

Quote:I use paint shop pro too

Paint Shop Pro is OK.

jas
User_Removed 12 17.9k 8 Norway
26 Oct 2007 6:02PM
Hi Chris. I'm MikeNikon - complete with an N90s, the US version to your F90x!!

Yer in good company...

(Winters coming. What socks do you wear with your sandals??) Wink
7 Nov 2007 11:32AM
Hi Chris and a warm welcome from me.
DaveU Plus
10 1.3k 123 England
7 Nov 2007 11:44AM
Can I say hello if I own a "Ca*on" ??
Geoffphoto 10 13.5k United Kingdom
7 Nov 2007 11:49AM

Quote:Can I say hello if I own a "Ca*on" ??

NO !!! Smile
DaveU Plus
10 1.3k 123 England
7 Nov 2007 11:51AM
Oh well, it was worth a try. Shuffles off stage left, whimpering slightly and dabbing eye with handkerchief.
joolsb 12 27.1k 38 Switzerland
7 Nov 2007 1:38PM
Hi, I'm JulianEbony. Sounds much better, doesn't it? A camera handmade from the finest hardwood, titanium and leather...

Yes, this is the EPZ Fringe here. There are a few of us large format view camera users around but not so many that you'd notice. We tend to keep an aloof distance from the Canon/Nikon melťe.... Wink

Oh and welcome, by the way. Smile
Kris_Dutson 14 8.2k 1 England
7 Nov 2007 1:43PM

Quote:I'm JulianEbony. Sounds much better

Sounds a bit gay to me....

Not as Butch as Kris Canon anyway.

Wink
SandyMiller 10 932 United Kingdom
7 Nov 2007 2:32PM
Hi I'm SandyMamiya and SandyCanon - perhaps having two names means I've got a split personality - or that I'm half gay and half butch....or perhaps my parents (Rolleiflex and Practica) were hoping for twins...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.