Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Stitching Images

gavlou 18 12 England
14 Jul 2004 10:00AM
Does anyone know how to stich images together?
Thanks in advance.
timbo 19 596 United Kingdom
14 Jul 2004 10:14AM
Try photomerge in photoshop elements, works wonders for me.
Toymaker 19 587 1
14 Jul 2004 10:46AM
If you'd like to know the basic pricipals have a look HERE.

I've used Canon Photo Stitch in the past and it's better than Photoshop. Have a look in Google or somewhere to see if you can get a free download. Failing that, give me a shout and I'll make a copy available to you.
nicanddi 19 316
14 Jul 2004 11:14AM
I used to use the 'Photomerge' feature in photoshop CS but have since found the 'Panorama Factory' (part of the 'Pano Tools' family I believe??) to be much better.

It gives you much more control compared to the fully automatic basic stiching tools, which allows you to get a much better final result.

Regards, Nic.
niccleave.com
agoreira 18 6.0k Wales
14 Jul 2004 11:27AM
Yes, Panorama Factory for me, as well.

Frank
loweskid 21 2.0k 1 United Kingdom
14 Jul 2004 6:37PM
A couple of years ago I did a comparison of seven stitching programs - it's still on the net here.

Bear in mind that probably all these programs have been updated since I did this so results may be better now - one of these days I'll get around to updating it. I'm still using the original version of Photovista though!

Also see Panoguide
Toymaker 19 587 1
14 Jul 2004 6:41PM
I knew I'd seen that before Vincent, but couldn't remember where. Many thanks for the link Smile
peter x 18 3
19 Jul 2004 8:30PM
PS7 can give excellent results if you use the various tricks available to blend the different sections together - especially alignment & colour matching. There's an excellent chapter on this in the best book on PS7 that I've I've found, by a long, long way. The book is 'The photoshop Book for Digital Photographers' by Scott Kelby published by New Riders Publishing ISBN 0735712360. It's great for other photo manipulation stuff too - just the stuff digital photographers want. And no, I'm not on commission for selling his book....
Toymaker 19 587 1
19 Jul 2004 8:37PM
If it's anything like Scott's book "Photoshop 7 Down and Dirty Tricks" I'll be a real winner. I really laughed out loud through big chunks of that book. He has a great off-the-wall sense of humour and the book was sooo readable.

I may well checkout that book Peter Smile
kelart 18 570
19 Jul 2004 8:46PM
i've seen today the new issue of "digital photography magazine" in the shop. i'm sure there's one handy tool for panoramas (freeware!).
peter x 18 3
19 Jul 2004 8:49PM
Yoymaker - Thanks for the tip about Scott's PS7 dirty tricks book - I've just added it to my wife's list of Christmas presents to me this December - hope I can hold out that long!
mshepherd 18 667 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2004 8:52PM
I have just uploaded a Panoramic image here (Shameless link!)Using Panorama Factory and it seems to work OK
Toymaker 19 587 1
19 Jul 2004 9:18PM
Peter, how could you not love a guy who puts the following under the acknowledgements page:-

To Jerry Kelby: Thank you for being the father that everybody wishes they had.

To Jordan Kelby: I have good news little buddy - Daddy's done writing the book - let's go to Disney World.
BOB S 20 2.6k
19 Jul 2004 9:39PM
Free with this months (August) Digital Camera magazine comes Realviz Stitcher 3.1, a fully featured program (they say 386 worth), I have just loaded it but not tried it yet.
Will give it a bash tomorrow and report back.

BOB
fotocom 18 29 United Kingdom
19 Jul 2004 9:47PM
I don't know if anyone has seen this before but I came across this today, it's what you might call the ultimate in photo stitching. Have a look at this site

Paul.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.