Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Stitching Images

skaminski 17 1
4 Aug 2004 4:58AM
Toymaker, Thanks for sharing Canon's Photostitch. I had used it during my trip to Alaska and it worked pretty well. I'll try to post some on a website then put the links here. It worked great with my Olympus C-700UZ
Toymaker 19 587 1
4 Aug 2004 4:58PM
Any time Sean. Glad you could make use of it Smile

Please send us a link, I'm sure we'd all like to see some panoramas of Alaska Smile

Barry
nordical 19 24 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2004 7:41PM
Quite a very good stitch (photomerge) with CS, no complaints so far.
pacman 18 29 Ireland
6 Aug 2004 12:21AM
is this function available in photoshop 5.5 or photoshop 7?
Toymaker 19 587 1
6 Aug 2004 4:53PM
Not sure about PS 5.5 but it certainly isn't in PS 7. Funny, because it IS in the 30 cut-down version called Elements.

If that's your software then it looks like Canon's Photo stitch or one of the other recommendations.

Barry
nikon5700ite 18 1.8k
7 Aug 2004 4:16AM
pacman,
A stitch programme works independantly of PS5 or PS7.

The key thing is how you shoot your panos, basically giving plenty of overlap between shots 30%minimum, and keeping the camera level and if possible work in manual so that the camera's AE doesn't change things between shots.

But you can break those and other rules if you wish ... it just makes life harder for you in editing. Camera pointing down or up can require each shot to be corrected for keystoning [needs greater overlap too] ... change in exposure means you need to practice up with your cloning skills to make a good merge. If you shots do not match exactly again cloning comes in to generate skys where you didn't take them ... and so on. I have yet to use a tripod for a panos [Shoot that dissident!]

You can even turn a series of shots into a pano as HERE.
I prefer Canon Stitch since it taught me, with the camera it came with, how to shoot panos ... but some say it is better to do it in your editing programme so that you have control over the merging/stitching process for ultimate quality. I usually work that way.
absurd 20 228 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2004 6:37PM
The latest edition of PCPlus (September) has Panoweaver 3.01 SE on one of its coverdisks. Haven't a clue what it's like but it might be worth spending 6.00 on the magazine.
Steve
Toymaker 19 587 1
8 Aug 2004 3:16PM
OK. I'm sure those of you who wanted a copy of Canon's PhotoStitch have now managed to download their copy.

Having just taken delivery of my new Canon I've now had a chance to read the licence agreement - sad or wot!! Despite the fact that it's FREE bundled software the agreement is quite sharp in what you can and can't do with it. Therefore, to be on the safe side I've withdrawn the web page that allows you to download it.

I've just looked at my web stats and there have been downloads from Sweden, Croatia, Denmark, Brazil, Mexico, Netherlands, Japan, Portugal, USA and the UK.

I know eph is global but I'm not sure all these people are members.

If anyone subsequently requires a copy please email me Wink

Barry

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.