Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Strange noise on picture.

SimPick 11 545 2 Azerbaijan
5 Feb 2007 12:37PM
I hope someone can help me here. I was taking some shots yesterday of my friends kids at their home, and all of the pictures I took are fine, except one. I got strange bands of very what looks like grainy noise across one of the images, especially evident over the little boys hair and face. I have never seen this before, and I pray that it is not a sign that my sensor is about to pack-up. I was using ISO100, so it should not show any noticable noise. I have a 350d, and it is just short of 10,000 shots, so I would imagine that the 350d sensor should be good for more shots than that, or I at least hope it is.

For your info, if it matters, I was using flash and shooting against a blue curtain. I can't see how that would affect anything, but just so you know. The picture was taken in RAW, and the strange graininess is on the original RAW file. I also took other shots agsinst the same background, and they look fine.

Anyone seen this before ?

Thanks for any help.

Simon.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottydog 12 206
5 Feb 2007 12:54PM
the only time I ever had this was down to a faulty CF card
SimPick 11 545 2 Azerbaijan
5 Feb 2007 1:10PM
OK, thanks Scotty. I never even thought of that. I guess it means that the card could be on it's way out then, because the shots before and after were fine. I'll have a play later and take 20 or 30 shots in the house, and see if I get it again.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.