Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Studio Photography / Lighting Courses Manchester UK?

Spirit 11 10 United Kingdom
24 Jan 2010 11:15PM
Hello,

Can anybody give me help finding a studio photography course in Manchester UK? I'm keen to learn lighting and Photo techniques for portraits and small groups.

I've looked through the small ads in quite a few magazines but most seem to be London based.

I dont even have any lighting equipment yet, but hope the course will also help inform on what kit I need to get.

Thanks in advance
Paul
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
25 Jan 2010 12:14AM
If there are no courses near and handy, Why not look out for a camera club in your area.

Apart from meeting other photographers in the club, Many clubs have thier own studio lighting, Along with studio lighting evenings, Often with supplied models etc etc.

Maybe not a full blown paid for course, But a good intro usually run by very knowledgeable people....Wink
User_Removed 14 485 13 England
25 Jan 2010 1:11PM
Brett Harkness is located there and does off camera flash courses. Not sure if that would suit your needs. I have been wanting to go on his funky flash course for sometime, but distance and price have had an effect on that.

Take a look it might be what you are looking for

rgds
Dave
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
25 Jan 2010 1:24PM
I've not got a studio handy Paul, but can certainly show you how to set up lights etc. either indoors or out.
Spirit 11 10 United Kingdom
26 Jan 2010 9:48PM
Fantastic. This is a really good community.

Looked up camera clubs and guess what, there is one that meets literally round the corner from my house. Big bonus they have a load of professional studio lighting that any member can use. They even have a "studio night" next monday, but just my luck I cant go.

Thanks also RedEyes and Ade. Looked up Brett Harkness and yes the price means it will probably go on the birthday wishlist or something like that. Ade thanks for the offer mate, very kind. i'll see how I get on with the camera club people first off .

Uploaded my first photo. Hope I did it right.

Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.