Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Stupid Sales And Nuisance Phone Calls

alfpics Plus
18 374 4 England
30 Jul 2005 5:50AM
Phoenix - love the suggestions!

We don't get many now as used TPS as suggested by 'answersonapostcard' above, and now if one or 2 slip through and you say you are registered to stop such calls, they quickly go away!

Andy
geoffmclark 17 238
30 Jul 2005 7:07AM
When the caller announces him/her self just say "that's nice for you" and hang up

Alternatively just ask them to wait a minute whilst you switch on the recorder device as evidence. That should scuttle them

geoff
keithh 16 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
30 Jul 2005 7:16AM
Most call centre calls are recorded at their end....so they're more than used to that.

Just put the phone down.
Easy innit.
Wink
actionflack 16 34 United Kingdom
30 Jul 2005 7:20AM
Ive actually just managed to spend almost ten minutes with someone offering me a c/card. at the end of the sales talk i insisted i wanted to speak to a manager as i wasnt happy with the service. I then insisted to speak to his manager. I managed to get to the highest manager in the call centre at which point i demanded to know why my order for a 12" pizza and chips could not be processed!
That seemed to confuse them and gave me & my house-mate a bit of a laugh!
Smile
mad-dogs 18 2.2k England
30 Jul 2005 10:29AM
Whoever finds a way of sending 10,000 volts back down a phone line is going to be a rich man!!

The only problem is that they will ring me during tea to try and sell it to me!!
Cristian 15 950 1
30 Jul 2005 1:12PM
These calls really realy annoy me! I've tried the TPS, which to their credit seemed to stop calls initially, but I still keep getting mainly overseas calls. (mainly India).

I even tried to turn this into some amusement. Try asking them for their address and telephone number and see how it confuses them! I often spin the line that they have me at some disadvantage as they clearly know my name & number, but I don't know theirs!

The culprits seem to be BT themselves as out phone line is still in my wifes maiden name, whilst we've been wed for some years now.

Th most frustrating thing is after 4 or 5 calls whilst you are trying to sort out dinner, change a nappy or get your kids to bed. You answer the next call, ready to let rip and it's your mother!(lol)

Cristian

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.