Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

Submit your photo for a chance to win ?250 to spend at The Shard!

atomica New Member
13 Aug 2019 2:34PM
Would you like to enjoy a unique dinner from the tallest building in Europe? If the answer is yes, this is your opportunity to make it happen!

Ophthalmic Consultants of London are giving one lucky winner the opportunity to embrace London’s best views with £250 to spend on dinner at The Shard.

Just upload a photo of your favourite view and fill in the form to tell us WHERE it is and WHAT it means to you.

ENTER HERE

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bornstupix2 2 86 1 France
13 Aug 2019 11:50PM
"By entering the competition, you grant to Ophthalmic Consultants of London, its agents, and others working under its authority, full and free use of any images of you taken during the competition process. You agree that we may publish and share your name, age, location, your submitted entry, details of your prize and information related to your entry. You will retain ownership of copyright in your entry but you give Ophthalmic Consultants of London (and any third party authorised by Ophthalmic Consultants of London) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store and sub-licence your entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the competition."
peterjones 17 4.8k 1 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2019 6:51AM
And it continues ....

“Entrants agree to take part in promotional activity if entry is shortlisted and agree that images or quotations may be used for news, research and/or educational purposes in any medium including but not limited to printed publications, displays, on television or on the Ophthalmic Consultants of London website intranet or social media properties.”

Thanks to “bornstupix2” for bringing it to our attention, I always check t&c of any photographic competition run by industry at large invariably the above or some variation is stipulated.

I wonder if legally it would come under unfair terms and conditions ... ?
little0wl 6 43 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2019 5:30PM
Can you please tell me the closing date. I cannot see it on any of the information. Thanks
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.6k 58 United Kingdom
15 Aug 2019 9:20AM
Bring to mind the saying - "No such thing as a free lunch" , or dinner in this case.

Also nothing mentioned about property release forms if the 'view' contains specific buildings. Does this not leave the promoter liable ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.