Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Summaron f5.6 28mm lens ...

RamblinSam 3 31 United Kingdom
17 May 2017 10:41PM
I suppose the first question that many will ask, is 'Why?' My initial assumption was, that the reason why the lens was f5.6, was to produce a lens that would deliver images sharper and more corrected than anything else they are making; That certainly doesn't seem to be the case, vignetting is one thing that it exhibits, so I can only presume Leitz decided they needed to re-issue a design that was produced in very small numbers when it was originally sold between 1955 and 1963. I can only guess that those who collect Leicas, find it difficult to buy old versions of this lens ... It is extremely small and some people have commented that the screw that holds the lens hood in place, gets in the way of the focusing lever, unless you rotate this 180 degrees so it is upside-down! I'm guessing that in this position, it then can be seen though the viewfinder, in the same way that the edge of the hood does ... I suppose if you are one of those who appreciates the build quality of Leica equipment, this might at some point appear on your shopping list ...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.