Turn Your Old Camera Into Cash With An Instant Quote From MPB

Sunday 2nd October

debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
30 Sep 2005 1:59AM
I'm not sure if I can make it or not myself, but I've just read about this event...Towneley Hall Burnley this coming Sunday...looks like fun:

IF you go down to the woods, you may be in for a big surprise ... at the eighth annual Burnley Woodland Festival.

The event, to be held this Sunday, will be set around historic Towneley Park in all its autumn splendour.
And there will be plenty to keep the family busy woodland crafts, birds of prey, hedgehog rescue, chainsaw sculpture, horse-drawn logging, tree-climbing and pruning demonstrations, Civil War re-enactors, Vikings, street theatre and many other displays.

Visitors will also be able to try their hand at willow-weaving, get a henna tattoo or just relax to the traditional music.
There will also be face-painting, story-telling, mask-making, miniature railway and Punch and Judy to keep the children entertained.

Coun. Colette Bailey, Burnley Borough Council's Executive member for leisure, said: "The woodland festival has always been a firm favourite with people, and over the years it has got bigger and better.
"It's a great day out, whatever age you are, and there is always loads of interesting and exciting stuff going on.
"It promises to be a real fun event, but also a chance for people to find out more about the wonderful countryside and wildlife we have right on our doorstep in Burnley."

The Forest of Burnley, East Lancashire Woodlands, the Forestry Commission, Mid Pennine Arts and the Lancashire Woodlands Project will all have displays, and there will be an opportunity to see the work of the Offshoots permaculture and recycling project, which is based in the Towneley walled garden.

The event will run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and there will also be a series of guided walks starting from Towneley, as part of the Roses Pennine Walking Festival.
The festival is organised by the council, supported by main sponsors Burnley Community Network, the Forestry Commission, Trees for Burnley, Elwood, the Millennium Commission, Unison, Crow Wood Leisure, Lancashire Woodland project and Mid Pennine Arts.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.