Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Supporting ePHOTOzine

joshwa Plus
8 885 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2018 2:17PM
Hi,

People have been having problems uploading photos to the site, and we've found out that for some people this has been due to the use of adblockers.

Whilst we can understand the frustration some may have with adverts on the internet, at ePz we try and keep the number of adverts to a sensible level. The number of adverts displayed on ePz are much fewer than many other websites and are less "spammy" than others as well.

Therefore we'd really appreciate if we could ask people who do use adblockers, to disable them for www.ephotozine.com - this way you are supporting the running of ePHOTOzine, as well as getting the best experience of the site.

You'll also benefit from seeing fewer adverts by being logged in to the site, another benefit of being a member of the site. Being a member is free, but if you want to support us directly, you can sign up for e+

Plus, if you follow a link to Amazon from this website, then it supports ePHOTOzine, without it costing you anything extra.

Thank you,

Josh (and the ePz team)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
3 Apr 2018 4:43PM
Hi Josh
I had Adblocker enabled on the PC but having disabled it the site runs so much faster. I also use a tablet without Adblocker and noting that the adverts didn't intrude on that, I don't know why I disabled them on the PC. And it's nice not to see a blank screen on the right-hand-side of the pages. Thanks for the gentle nudge. Smile

Euan65 Plus
1 316 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2018 5:11PM
There are a number of sites I read regularly, amongst them ePz. Without adblockers, most are virtually unusable, although I would agree that being a signed in plus member of ePz does greatly improve the experience.

That said, and whilst I take your point and accept it, adblockers are the most downloaded browser add-ons on the planet. There is a reason for that - most people intensely dislike ads, something advertisers really need to take on board. A thing advertisers do know is that at least 80% of advertising spend does not work. This is why they are so hot on the net, because at least in theory you can work out which 20% does work and concentrate on that. In practice, this probably doesn't happen.
JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
3 Apr 2018 5:27PM
Not a technical person but why would adblockers prevent you from uploading images to epz ?

Do they think they are adverts ?
Euan65 Plus
1 316 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2018 9:01PM

Quote:why would adblockers prevent you from uploading images to epz

Some sites deny more than basic functionality if they cannot determine ads have been successfully served.

On ePz at least, I can upload photos with an ad-blocker enabled but I suppose it depends on the particular browser/blocker combination.
joshwa Plus
8 885 United Kingdom
4 Apr 2018 8:03AM

Quote:Not a technical person but why would adblockers prevent you from uploading images to epz?

We're not 100% sure but just know that it has caused problems for some people with a particular browser as Euan65 has suggested above.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
4 Apr 2018 3:35PM
Well that's strange. I deleted Adblocker but still can't see the adverts. Win, win. Grin
banehawi Plus
15 2.0k 4006 Canada
4 Apr 2018 4:50PM
Dont delete Adblocker, just disable it for EPZ. You may want to restart your browsing session.

I just did this and now I have lots of ads, including one for Silk Boxers, - I wonder if EPZ are looking at my webcam!
SlowSong Plus
10 8.0k 30 England
4 Apr 2018 5:24PM
Too late, I've deleted it now.
AlexE 2 142 United Kingdom
6 Apr 2018 8:18PM
@banehawi: Hopefully you have a few more clothes than boxers on Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.