ADVERTISEMENT
Enter ePz's Christmas Prize Draw! Plus, a prize for all on Xmas day!

Swallowtails in Norfolk

Sallow 12 2
1 May 2010 10:41AM
Hi Matt, This is great news for me, I'm delighted. I'll certainly be along on the Saturday and more than likely on the Sunday too, just depending on finding a B&B for the Saturday night. I'm really looking forward to this Smile
Sherie
mattberry 18 259 14 Greece
1 May 2010 12:09PM
Glad you can make it Sherie Smile

If you drop me an email we'll begin circulating information and updates that way too now.

Regards
Matt
CanonMan 21 588 4 England
1 May 2010 10:35PM
Hi Matt,

Any chance of being added to the list of attendees?
mattberry 18 259 14 Greece
2 May 2010 9:53AM
Morning Steve,

Yep you certainly can! To quote the German officer in dads army, "your name shall also go on ze list!" Smile

Matt
Julian 18 76 3 United Kingdom
9 May 2010 1:53PM
Planning for this trip or tour is now fairly advanced and emails have been sent out to all interested parties. We now have around 10 people ( including ourselves ) attending. Grin

As we are visiting some pretty much unspoilt places and because want to keep this as comfortable and leisurely as possible, we are limiting the group size to a dozen on both days. This also means that Matt and I can concentrate on our goal which is to get you to see and photograph the Swallowtail but it also means we can provide you all with our fullest attention to make the day(s) as memorable as possible. To these ends we have arranged some special site visits to out -of- the-way places, and also a picnic on one day and an environmentally friendly boat trip. We can squeeze in and cater for a couple more people so if you are interested, please PM either myself or Matt ASAP and we will provide you with a few more details.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Julilan
f8 19 9.2k 22 England
13 May 2010 5:09PM
Julian, I have sent Matt a PM that Myself (f8) and Michael (cameraman) will be coming on Saturday 5th June to the Meet. Cheers, Stuart.
Hanners 16 875 10 Ireland
13 May 2010 6:09PM
depending on the dates I could be there too, I'm in Norfolk for a family holiday from the 5th June to the 12th JUne so I'll keep an eye on this

EDIT: just seen the dates, I might be able to make the Sunday 6th June
Adam_H 14 62 United Kingdom
28 May 2010 4:17PM
Hi there,
I would like to put myself and my lad Xander_H down for that weekend just don't know which of the 2 days yet to come on??.
It's faily close/ish for us as we live in Gorleston, Norfolk.
I will post a defo on which day later on this evening, thats if it's ok to come Smile. please.
Till this evening ttfn.
Regards Adam..
Adam_H 14 62 United Kingdom
28 May 2010 9:11PM
We can make on the Sunday, if thats ok your end!Wink.
Regards Adam..
tomcat 17 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
31 May 2010 4:07PM
I have just PM'd Julian, on the off chance there is still something available.
All is explained in the PMGrin

Adrian
4 Jun 2010 9:30PM
Anyone who is interested, I will be stuffing my face in the Little Chef at Acle, anytime after 8.00am tomorrow Smile

Adrian
fishiee 18 478 3 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2010 5:29AM
hope you get amongst them and wish i could join the trip but instead am sitting in gatwick waiting to start a 2 week trip to provence. May see some out there insteadSmile
CanonMan 21 588 4 England
6 Jun 2010 11:03PM
Thanks Matt and Julian for all your efforts organising this - a most enjoyable weekend (apart from the mosquitos this afternoon).
7 Jun 2010 8:04PM
It was indeed a great day/weekend Smile

The one solitary bite I sustained, just above the elbow on the inner arm, is now being treated by a course of anti-biotics Sad

Whatever it was, certainly left it's mark Wink

More than worth a tad of discomfort, to not only see, but photograph the Swallowtails Smile

Adrian
soulofharmony 12 22 1 Norfolk Island
7 Jun 2010 11:34PM
Yes, Thank you Julian & Matt for organising a wonderful weekend , truly enjoyed each location.
even if l managed to get lost in my own county between How hill & Hickling .Smile

It was truly nice to meet everyone..and learn from the expertise of knowledge on various species .

Hehe you two (( whimps )) and those Mosquito's , fortunate here not one bite (( so unusual )), but thistle thorn embedded in the finger..& sun burnt shoulders..!!!

look forward to crossing paths again.. !

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.