Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Ta Da! Or Here's a New Website

csurry 14 9.2k 92
5 May 2010 5:20PM
Ok well after I won a foliopic portfolio in the recent black and white competition I've spent some time putting together a few galleries.

There will be some future updates, like some articles, but this is as far as I have got at the moment.

I will be keeping the Photium site. Originally I was going to use this for some new work, but as it is easy to load with images from ePZ, well it kind of ended up with a lot of the same stuff for now.

Light Painting

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ray1 12 546 1 England
5 May 2010 5:33PM
Looks great to me and beautiful phots.
Jalapeno 6 127 2 Iceland
5 May 2010 5:45PM
well done! I am so envious of your drop shots......lol I just cant get mine so beautiful......

Great photography and nice layout!
csurry 14 9.2k 92
5 May 2010 5:51PM
Thanks both.

Does anyone think that there is anything missing? I know I need to add better descriptions, but I had to remove the ones from here as most were jokey.

Will try to add some articles this weekend.

I do want to play with the layout a bit, but trying to keep it clean, to which end the long description on the gallery page will need to go, that's not where I had envisioned it being shown. I thought it would appear on the first page of the sub-gallery.
arhb Plus
9 3.2k 68 United Kingdom
5 May 2010 6:02PM
Hi Cheryl, I'm finding the font-size on the verge of being too small, which is compounded by the lack of contrast between the font and bg colour.
csurry 14 9.2k 92
5 May 2010 6:10PM
Possibly true Andrew, I'm viewing on a large screen and did think that, but thought it may just be because of the screen size.

I may enlarge the font, or darken the background a little. I want to introduce some other colours, but not got around to editing the template yet.
csurry 14 9.2k 92
5 May 2010 7:25PM
Tried a larger font, but it messes up the layout on the gallery page. Would need to investigate the whole template further I think to make such changes.

So I've changed to to a darker background. I did also set the site wide text colour much darker, but it appears not to have had an effect.
jonah794 7 1.7k 11 United Kingdom
5 May 2010 8:29PM
I like - and as your banner at the top of your PF gives you a link to it - I had already seen the website two weeks ago! Tongue However, you've added some stuff, I like the layout, love the images, and the slideshow at the beginning is mind-bogglingly good. Hooowwwever, I would like to see an 'about me' section, I like reading those, and also, some of your best drops aren't on there Sad Some of the earlier stuff I loved.
Jonah
Coleslaw 11 13.4k 28 Wales
5 May 2010 8:38PM
Nice and simple.
Excellent selection of photos.
arhb Plus
9 3.2k 68 United Kingdom
5 May 2010 10:08PM

Quote:Tried a larger font, but it messes up the layout on the gallery page. Would need to investigate the whole template further I think to make such changes.

So I've changed to to a darker background. I did also set the site wide text colour much darker, but it appears not to have had an effect.

That's heaps better Cheryl - makes so much difference.
csurry 14 9.2k 92
6 May 2010 8:11AM
Thanks guys.

I'll have a play with the template. Yes Jonah I know a few people had found it because of the link from here, but I had not finished the basic edits so had not publicised it.

Will update the other pages this week and add a couple of articles. Will add some more drop shots after the weekend.

One feature I don't like is having to have images in groups of 6 to match the template as I wanted all portrait/landscape orientation on each line. I would like more control over the gallery page, like saying 5 x 3 for the thumbnails, but I've already requested it.

Will see what I can do. I did like the lighter colour background, but will have to think but the readability with it.
Shane136 13 63 United Kingdom
13 May 2010 7:58AM
Stunning work cheryl, like the site, if i could get my BOP pictures half as good i would be pleased Grin A joy to see
Shane
csurry 14 9.2k 92
13 May 2010 8:00AM
Thanks Shane.

I haven't had time to make any other updates, but will try tonight and tomorrow night to see what I can do.
Shane136 13 63 United Kingdom
13 May 2010 8:08AM
I will keep popping back and have a look... Merlin shots are just so outstanding... Grin
Shane
csurry 14 9.2k 92
13 May 2010 8:41AM
The merlin shots to which you refer were taken on a Northshots photographic holiday in February. I will be adding some other shots, but first I want to add some articles and see if I can use CSS to address a couple of the design issues.

Thanks again

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.