Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Takui's Grunge style layer tutorial

exposure Plus
16 6.0k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2005 2:48PM
I am trying to follow Takui's Grunge style layer tutorial, I have the image and rock for texture but stuck on how to make a new layer and paste the texture onto it when I try to paste its not highlighted!!!
I would be very pleased if anyone could give me any advice as I find layers quite difficult at the moment, Thank you for your time Pauline.
16 Jul 2005 2:54PM
pauline what software are you using ? stuart
exposure Plus
16 6.0k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2005 3:00PM
Stuart Iam using ps/cs2 Thank you for replying so quickly
Pauline.
16 Jul 2005 3:06PM
pauline ive not got that but should be the same as elements
(i use psp mainly) what i tend to do is open both pictures one on top of each other (the top being the one you want to overlay) select all then copy (under edit), close this image and then paste onto the image underneath will add it as a new layer, you can then change all attributes (ie opacity etc) under the layer palette hope this helps stuart

ps there prob is a quicker and easier way to do it in cs sure some cs guru will help Wink
klewis 16 1.9k 1 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2005 3:11PM
In the layers palette at the bottom there are icon options to trash/create new/copy layers

Once you have created one. Open the image you wish to paste into it. Press Ctrl A to select the complete image and then Ctrl C to copy it into the clipboard.

Go back to the first image and click on the background copy layer in the layer palette and press Ctrl V to paste the clipboard image into it
exposure Plus
16 6.0k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2005 3:14PM
Thank you Stuart thats brilliant I will try that as I would really like to be able to do these images.
Best Wishes Pauline.
exposure Plus
16 6.0k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2005 3:15PM
Thank you Kev for your help as well Brilliant.
Best Wishes Pauline.
16 Jul 2005 3:18PM
no probs pauline just knew a guru would come and help have fun i know i did when i did this one one of mine even has a mod by the man himself, let me know how you get on stuart
exposure Plus
16 6.0k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2005 3:22PM
Stuart Thank you I will let you Know how I get on and your image is brilliant I think there so interesting and Takui's tutorials are brilliant.
Best Wishes Pauline.Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.