Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Talking about laws and photoj

KGB4 19 42 United States
27 Oct 2007 3:32AM
i am interested in decusing the diffidences in the laws that cover photoj in other counterys i live in the US, in the common wealth of Virgina

here we are given a LOT of leeway and freedoms to cover stories i would like to hear form others as to what the laws wher you are
KGB4 19 42 United States
27 Oct 2007 3:46AM
ps i run my own online newspaper for Augusta Co. va so this is sort of an interest of mine
mad-dogs 19 2.2k England
27 Oct 2007 9:19AM
mad-dogs 19 2.2k England
27 Oct 2007 10:10AM
IanA 18 3.0k 12 England
27 Oct 2007 10:22AM
One of the first laws of journalism in the UK is accuracy, therefore.....

Quote:I am interested in discusing the differences in the laws that cover Photojournalism in other countries. I live in the US, in the Commonwealth of Virgina.

Here we are given a LOT of leeway and freedom to cover stories. I would like to hear from others as to what the laws are where you live.

Wink
Krakman 15 3.6k Scotland
27 Oct 2007 10:55AM

Quote:I live in the US, in the Commonwealth of Virgina.

Here we are given a LOT of leeway and freedom to cover stories.

That's great to hear! Because I was thinking of doing a photo-reportage about one of your prisons. It's in an obscure little place called Guantanamo Bay. Do you think I just turn up with my camera, or is it politer to ring them beforehand?
KGB4 19 42 United States
27 Oct 2007 9:40PM

Quote:Quote:I live in the US, in the Commonwealth of Virgina.

Here we are given a LOT of leeway and freedom to cover stories.That's great to hear! Because I was thinking of doing a photo-reportage about one of your prisons. It's in an obscure little place called Guantanamo Bay. Do you think I just turn up with my camera, or is it politer to ring them beforehand?

Amarcan reporters are not havening a lot of problems covering things there all it takes is some pashens and $$$$$ you go to the proper chanasl and get the properer permition and off you go. all the info for the most part (and yes there is some top secret stuff they will not tell you like ANY government would) the info is out there ie... the bills that approve the funding from congress, and other resources that are available you just have to look . and if there are things that are not there as a US citcin one can file a FED FOIA request (Freedom Of Information Act) . But the thing is your not a US citcin so it may be harder and if you do not work for some one like the BBC it might be hard also.

now i do not fill out a lot of Fed FOIA requestes my self but i do make a good number of VA FOIA reqestes because there more relvent to me than the Fed ones are .
Stockczech 15 445 Czech Republic
27 Oct 2007 11:33PM

Quote:if you do not work for some one like the BBC it might be hard also

Don't think the BBC have had a lot of success at getting access to shoot a feature on Guantanamo Bay Wink

Sheila
IanA 18 3.0k 12 England
27 Oct 2007 11:59PM
Stoney ground!

Wink
KGB4 19 42 United States
28 Oct 2007 12:01AM

Quote:Quote:if you do not work for some one like the BBC it might be hard alsoDon't think the BBC have had a lot of success at getting access to shoot a feature on Guantanamo Bay

Sheila

but it would have a better chance than a small news agency or on ones own. that and they would have the $$$ to back such a story.
KGB4 19 42 United States
28 Oct 2007 12:08AM

Quote:Stoney ground!

the subject really duse not have a lot of barring on me like i sed a LOT of the info is out there all redy and is not hard to get nore is it that restited you just have to look throw a LOT of stuff.
Krakman 15 3.6k Scotland
28 Oct 2007 1:55AM
Privet KGB, proshu proshenie, a ty zhe umeesh govorit' po-angliisky? Potomu shto chestno govorya nichego nye ponyatno. Shto takoe restited?
Perdiccas 15 90 Holy See (Vatican City State)
28 Oct 2007 6:50AM

Quote:One of the first laws of journalism in the UK is accuracy, therefore.....

When you have the arrogance to correct the written English of another person at least have the courtesy to ensure that your own accuracy is up to snuff.

Quote:discusing
is spelled "discu ss ing" and
Quote:Virgina
"Virgin i a".

"as any fule kno" (in the words of Nigel Molesworth )

All in the interests of accuracy of course...

Perhaps you might like to consider that there are reasons, other than poor education or laziness, for inaccurate grammar and spelling?
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
28 Oct 2007 7:01AM

Quote:One of the first laws of journalism in the UK is accuracy, therefore.....

Quote:I am interested in discusing the differences in the laws that cover Photojournalism in other countries. I live in the US, in the Commonwealth of Virgina.

Here we are given a LOT of leeway and freedom to cover stories. I would like to hear from others as to what the laws are where you live.

Just as well you're not trying to correct something in Russian, Ian Wink

IanA 18 3.0k 12 England
28 Oct 2007 7:05AM
Why would I want to Suzi? I don't live in Russia!! Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.