Tamron 150-600 G2 fokusing problem at 600 mm.

4 Aug 2019 8:35PM
Hi

I have had my lens for a couple of months now and are having problem when in 600 mm.
One out of 5-6 photos comes out in focus.
How or why is that?

I've tried everything, even on a tripod the 600 mm gets soft and not 100% in focus like 500 mm.

What can i do about this?

I have noticed when i use shorter times like 1/2500 and above they get better, but when the light is poor the ISO is skyhigh and are destroying the photos.

ToddeSwe

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joshwa Plus
9 903 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2019 8:21AM
Hi ToddeSwe,

Welcome to the site,

What camera are you using the lens with?
Does manual focus improve the results?
Is the subject or object you're photographing a static subject?

Are you able to take it back to the store for them to check it? (It could be a faulty lens?)

Thanks,
Josh
justin c 15 5.0k 36 England
6 Aug 2019 10:31AM
It sounds like user error from the fact that you mention the quality improves with faster shutter speeds.
Long focal length lenses take particularly good technique to get the very best from them.
Do a search on Google for long lens technique and you should find lots of useful information.
From the info that you give it's impossible to know for sure exactly what the problem is.
I would do various test shots from a solid tripod or beanbag and check the results carefully.
6 Aug 2019 9:33PM
Never ventured into the heady heights of 600mm (only 70-200 with 1.7 multiplier..) but...can appreciate that rock solid camera (tripod) mounting is pretty important..a gnatís whisker of shake will muck up the shot..hence higher shutter speeds may help..
However...maybe the lens itself is not....the best performer....at the extreme telephoto end...? as good as the Tamron may be, maybe thatís the reason why camera make, original lenses as such..cost as much as a new car...Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.