Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Tamron AF SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 VC Di USD LENS

JHFoto5 7 39 England
4 Apr 2014 11:09PM
Has anyone used this lens, your views please ?
llareggub 10 825 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2014 7:35AM
For the price I think it is hard to beat, VC is stunning, it softens a little after about 250-280 in my experience but certainly not to an unusable level... Got a few in my portfolio taken with it.

This one is pretty close to a 100% crop

I wrote a short blog on my first impressions of the lens when I first got it http://bjonesphotography.co.uk/tamron-70-300mm-vc-usd-first-impressions/
I am not one for telephoto work but wanted something to give me a little more zoom. I am very happy with it, the only thing that I keep forgetting is that the focus and zoom rings are the other way around compared to my other lenses. I agree with llareggub with it being a little soft at the far end and that the VC works extremely well
User_Removed 16 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
5 Apr 2014 5:12PM
I have this lens and I'm very happy with it.
It's not as heavy as some of my Nikon lenses so I can carry it in my bag as a just in case lens.
It's great for close ups of butterfly's and flowers (although it's not a macro lens)
I even managed to get a halfway decent picture of a wren, I had to crop the image but got a shot with detail in the feathers that I was happy with.
I wouldn't be without it.
ColleenA Plus
9 489 7 Australia
5 Apr 2014 7:27PM
I also have this lens, has performed great for me.
JHFoto5 7 39 England
5 Apr 2014 10:32PM
Thanks for the comments, mine should arrive on Monday....Grin
JHFoto5 7 39 England
7 Apr 2014 4:21PM
The lens arrived today, it looks and feels a more expensive lens. Not had chance to test other than a few shots in my garden, it exudes quality, I will be going to the wildlife park in the morning.
RJPhoto 8 16 1 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2014 3:06PM

Quote:The lens arrived today, it looks and feels a more expensive lens. Not had chance to test other than a few shots in my garden, it exudes quality, I will be going to the wildlife park in the morning.

Couldn't agree more - I've had mine since it was launched, and have produced some great shots with it. I use it mainly for reportage work, so I can get in close to the people I'm photographing without being in their faces, and it hasn't let me down yet!
Pejadee 6 4 Spain
18 Jul 2017 9:40PM
Also have this lens and it is brilliant I use it with my Canon 70D for stills and video but I would like to try out a Teleconverter but am not sure which one would be suitable......Canon, Tamron or other make maybe someone can point me in the right direction.Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.